We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking of sea activities at piers?

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
124 reviews
Booking of sea activities at piers?

Hi all,

I am planning to do sea walking, parasailing, snorkelling, banana boat, jetski etc. when I get to KK in Aug 2018.

Does anyone know if such activities are available at the islands' piers or at Jesselton Pier on the day itself?

Or is it better to book online first?

I am just afraid that it might be cancelled due to bad weather conditions and I would prefer to roam the islands and choose what activities i wanna do the islands instead then needing to stick to a tour group.

3 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Booking of sea activities at piers?

Well, mostly Jetskis can be booked when you get to the island, for example at Mamutik . Manukan or Sapi island, also at Sutera Harbour and maybe at Tanjang Aru.

SeaQuest do most, if not all of these excursions, look them up at www.seaquesttours.net, they are based out at Sutera Harbour (at The Magellan Sutera Resort).

I don't think you will need to book in advance.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 22:12
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
163 reviews
2. Re: Booking of sea activities at piers?

Kaiwithacloud,

Yes.you can book them on the day or if you want to book the day before. There is no need to book before you arrive it may be more expensive booking from your own country.

Don't forget to do the zip line from Palau Gaya to Palau Sapi. There is also the hero jet boat at Tanjung Aru resort but you will have to pay a day entrance fee and the boat ride fee but it is amazingly fast and wet.

Sorry we cannot do anything about the weather.

An early morning start is best before the weather changes.

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
124 reviews
3. Re: Booking of sea activities at piers?

Thank you both!

Reply to: Booking of sea activities at piers?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu
Recent Conversations