We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new year In Penang

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
38 reviews
new year In Penang

Hello lovely Trip advisors

we will be in George Town from 29th Dec - 2 Jan we are looking for a hotel close to where the new year celebrations will be happening.

We would like a nice pool at the hotel so we can relax in the sun.

Our budget is about £80 per night so the E&O is way out of our price range

I was considering Bayview or Hotel Jen but I know these are very big hotels with very mixed reviews.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you

Medan, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
11. Re: new year In Penang

Thanks for your kind reply, i have grab app, but i'm just afraid there won't be any grab to catch at midnight, by walking we need maybe an hour to reach our hotel. If theres grab at midnight i don't mind paying a bit more rather than walking.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
13,785 posts
209 reviews
12. Re: new year In Penang

I’ve caught Grab taxis very late at night - there should be quite a lot around. You can also try Uber or just flag down one of the red and white taxis if you see one.

13. Re: new year In Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2018, 10:45