We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic situation around Hari Raya Puasa?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic situation around Hari Raya Puasa?

Can anyone please enlighten me - this year 2015 - Hari Raya Puasa is on Friday 16 July, so I think that Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be quite jammed in the East Coast roads.

Can someone hazard a guess about road conditions on Monday (Hari Raya day 4) and Tuesday (Hari Raya day 5)?

Would it be back to normal yet? or still quite congested? Would the average speed of the traffic be much lower than on regular non-holidays?

Would it be about the same for the Kuantan to Terengganu roads, as well as Kuantan to Johor roads?

Thank you!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic situation around Hari Raya Puasa?

Can anyone please enlighten me - this year 2015 - Hari Raya Puasa is on Friday 16 July, so I think that Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be quite jammed in the East Coast roads.

Can someone hazard a guess about road conditions on Monday (Hari Raya day 4) and Tuesday (Hari Raya day 5)?

Answer: Monday should be not so jam as public and private sector will resume their operation. Means everyone has to get back to work.

Would it be back to normal yet? or still quite congested? Would the average speed of the traffic be much lower than on regular non-holidays?

Answer: Your question is quite technical. I cannot give a fix average speed. But should be not so congested after the raya period.

Would it be about the same for the Kuantan to Terengganu roads, as well as Kuantan to Johor roads?

Answer: Ya. Means that the three holidays will have a heavy traffic. Please aware that Sunday will be a traffic jam day as most of the people will travel from Terengganu, Kelantan and Pahang to go back to Kuala Lumpur for working. Thus, the highway will be very jam.

Sungai Petani...
Level Contributor
57 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic situation around Hari Raya Puasa?

use Waze as your navigation.. Its bit easy to see the traffic. Surely will be congested at that time.

3. Re: Traffic situation around Hari Raya Puasa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2017, 20:48
Get answers to your questions about Kuantan