We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Cameron Highlands from KL airport?

Perth
Level Contributor
82 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Cameron Highlands from KL airport?

Thanks in advance for any help. We would like to get from the LCCT part of KL airport to Cameron Highlands for 2 nights and 3 days - but the 3rd day, we leave the airport at midnight so we want the transport back to the airport late in the day so we aren't spending the whole day at the aiport. There's one tour for 650RM each (more for better hotels). Is there a cheaper way to spend a 3 days stopover without it costing us Aussie $600 for 2 ad and 1 ch (aged 14)? Does anyone know of a minibus service offering a direct transfer from LCCT to Cameron or Fraser's Hill for that matter?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Cameron Highlands from KL airport?

Hi, the cheapest route would be LCCT - KL SENTRAL - CH.

Take the Airasia skybus from LCCT to KL SENTRL for RM 9 per person, 1 hour travel time.

At KL SENTRAL, take the CH buses to CH. There are two buses one that leaves at 8:30am and the other at 1pm. Call them at +6012-2150044 for telephone ticket booking. Price at RM 39 per person, 5 hours journey time. They drop you off at CH bus terminal

From CH bus terminal, take the same bus back to KL Sentral departing at 1:30pm, arrival KL Sentral at 6:30 (maybe later due to after work traffic), then the airasia skybus to LCCT.

A cab coupon from LCCT to CH will cost RM 400 for normal travel time.

If you are looking for private transfers at RM 300 per way LCCT to CH and back, drop me a message and I will send you the contact of my driver.

Take a look at the Tanah rata bus terminal pictures here in my blog:

travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

and more info on how to get there:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298292-c121277/Camer…

Happy planning!

Perth
Level Contributor
82 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Cameron Highlands from KL airport?

Wow, very comprehensive, thank you so much! Will be in touch.

Perth
Level Contributor
82 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Cameron Highlands from KL airport?

Hi again,

Can you give me the details of the proposed transfer please? What is the vehicle? Are we the only passengers?

Will driver collect from Air Asia terminal and deliver to hotel? Can we decide the return time to coincide with our flight out of KL? What about the cost if it's just to Brinchang?

Is there any travel industry discount? My husband is a pilot.

cheers!

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Cameron Highlands from KL airport?

Hi,

We would like to take the coach from KL Sentral to Cameron Highlands. Would anyone provide information for the timing and also the cost of the per way travel?

We realised that the 2 buses that set off from KL sentral have already moved since the bus terminal is under construction.

Please provide information as we will be traveling on the 4th August 2010.

Thanks and Regards

5. Re: Best way to get to Cameron Highlands from KL airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 10:45