We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Langkawi to Penang

Queensland
Level Contributor
44 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Langkawi to Penang

Has anyone taken the ferry from Landkawi to Penang recently. Thinking of doing this instead of flying. I would appreciate any comments.

Thankyou

Bowral, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Langkawi to Penang

Hi Kate,

I posted a similar question not too long ago, do a search and some responses will come up with a mix bag of experiences. While I havent been able to find too many positive experiences of this ferry, I have decided to give it ago as an alternative to flying and am hoping for the best - can only write it off as a never again activity if it doesnt go so well :-)

Kris

Norfolk.
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Langkawi to Penang

Hi

Many people take the ferry & are very happy to do so but do remember to take a jumper or jacket to slip on as the aircon on board can be fierce.

As you are on the sea the crossing may also be a little rough & it takes a lot longer than the plane.

Mick

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Langkawi to Penang

Dear Kate,

at certain times of the year the ferry to Penang is overbooked and can be a nightmare!

I hate flying but I do it if I have to for Penang!

Eva

4. Re: Ferry from Langkawi to Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 10:46