We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aseania or Mutiara Buray Bay or something else, with a kid

Helsinki, Finland
8 posts
Save Topic
Aseania or Mutiara Buray Bay or something else, with a kid

Hi

We're planning a trip to Langkawi in the end of November, for 12 nights, until the first week of December. We have a girl of age 2 and a half on the time. We're wondering what hotel / resort would be good for us. Since our daughter loves swimming, a good swimming pool is a must. Although we love to be at the beach, it is okay if there is one within walking distance. Another thing important to us is that there is either a balcony / terrace or separate bed / living room, so we can spend few hours after our daughter gets to bed without disturbing her.

We've always been more like backpacker and bungalow on the beach type travellers, but with a small child we're looking something with a bit more than only the basic. Still, we're not willing to pay the high-end price.

We like to be within walking distance from some good restaurants.

Saying the foregoing, I'd like to get any advice on the hotel / resort appropriate for us. I've seen Aseania and Mutiara Buray Bay in our price category. I wonder if the location of Mutiara is too deserted? I've read some conflicting critique about Aseania, in the pictures the pool looks very nice. I'm particularly interested in the family room, since if I've understood correctly, only that one has a balcony.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm happy to find out other options too.

Any help provided will be highly appreciated. Thank you beforehand!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aseania or Mutiara Buray Bay or something else, with a kid

Hi

Of the two my choice would be Mutiara. It is not really as isolated as you think. It is near to the Oriental Village and the cable car and about 5 mins by car to Telaga Harbour. The beach at Mutiara is beautiful and the pool is quite nice too.

As you probably know, Mutiara is bungalows built in the gardens and down to the edge of the beach. When your daughter goes to bed you could always sit out on the veranda and have a few drinks.

The only thing is that Mutiara is scheduled to close in January for a total rebuild so the whole place is getting a bit run down now.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
6,973 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aseania or Mutiara Buray Bay or something else, with a kid

Dear sAllAssh,

it might be worth for you to check out the following resorts:

Fox Hill. It is in the padi fields, some 15 min. by car away from Cenang or Kuah and any beach but just charming. And that is due to Maria, the owner. She will be like the granny for you kids. Very nice garden and pool.

Bougainvillea offers small houses and is damn cheap - check it out.

I am a big fan of Beach garden - if you can afford it you can't go wrong.

Confused?

Eva

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
153 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aseania or Mutiara Buray Bay or something else, with a kid

Hi,

although its not a resort hotel, LA Pari Pari along Pantai Tengah might serve your purpose.The accommodation is in bungalows- very large bedrooms(1) withquite large separate, ensuite toilet shower etc.An extra bed could be used for your young daughter.Outside, you have a small private,enclosed patio area where you can chill out and relax after your child has gone to sleep.

They have a nice swimming pool- small perhaps- but then again, your child is only of a tender age.Sunloungers around the pool.Bear in mind I don,t know the minimum depth but the maximum is around 1 metre,I believe.There is a restaurant attached- Fat Cupid.You may choose or not to choose to eat there- there,s no obligation.I would estimate it could possibly take you around 15 mins to reach the beach- especially with a small child- like me they have small legs and not always easy to carry.

If you have no interest in my suggestion- don,t worry- thats ok.Someone may find the information useful.

Enjoy your holiday

Langkawi
Level Contributor
868 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aseania or Mutiara Buray Bay or something else, with a kid

Aseania doesn't strike me as exceptional in any aspect except one: for a relatively cheap hotel they sure have a fantastic swimming pool. You can go into Google images and type in Aseania swimming pool and take a look yourself.

Patrick

5. Re: Aseania or Mutiara Buray Bay or something else, with a kid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 10:47