We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a first time visitor

Yorkshire, England
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for a first time visitor

Hi

Me and my husband are going to Langkawi on the 02 June and will be staying at the Pelangi Beach for 10 nights. You may think this is a stupid question but this is our first trip to Langkawi and I would appreciate any advice on what clothes to pack or not to pack - I imagine it is very casual. We are also going to KL for 4 nights so will need to consider this also. Appreciate any guidance to stop me packing totally useless items!!

Bournemouth, England
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for a first time visitor

My advise is dress casual. Like most people on holiday, they tend to dress up a bit in the evenings, so thats up to you. wearing shorts or mini skirts to dinner is not a problem, unless the mossies like dining on you. No need to take cardies or sweaters, as very warm day and night. As it is quite humid, loose fitting casuals will do just fine. My husband and I don't even take towels, as the hotel we are staying in provide them for your room and beach. Have a great time.

Sandi

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for a first time visitor

Hi. We went to Penang for our honeymoon in 2002 and I really did over pack (it's a womans perrogative surely?!) Lived in bikinis and sarongs during the day, and linen trousers or casual skirts, vests and flip flops at night. I found Penang very laid back. Hubby took me to a very romantic restaurant (can't remember the name) because we were there for valentines day but there was no dress code. We're staying at the Berjaya and most comments have stated how laid back it is so I'm packing very light this time. We're also going to KL for 3 nights but I'm not taking anything different for when we're there. Have a lovely time, you will LOVE Malaysia.

Clare

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for a first time visitor

If you are stopping at KL first then pack light and shop in KL.

Not much in Langkawi though. Pack light and perhaps take a light full sleeve for evenings due to the odd mozzie.

Yorkshire, England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for a first time visitor

Thanks for these responses they have been very helpful. It seems flip flops, vests and casual skirts will be in order. I will also take on the advice to travel light so that I can fill our bags with goodies from KL. Thanks x

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi