We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
12 posts
42 reviews
Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

Hi all,

Just planning to go to Alor Star from Langkawi, Heard from the local people it a must visit place for the tourist to go there.?

Anybody knows about the place? as it name Wednesday Market, it is only open on Wednesday?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
1. Re: Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

no, the pekan rabu open everyday. down there they call PEKAN RABU...

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
2. Re: Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

No, Pekan Rabu is open everyday. You can get many thing like "sarong" , traditional clothes and also traditional foods there.

ponte vedra
Level Contributor
342 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

where is location?

TQ

Malaysia
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

Wednesday Market is at the mainland at Alor Setar. If u want to go there maybe for a day trip. Take a ferry to Kuala Kedah Jetty when u reach the mainland take a taxi to Wednesday Market(Pekan Rabu)just about 15 minutes.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
5. Re: Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

the location is at heart of alor setar. just take cab when u at alor setar, tell the cab driver u want to go to the PEKAN RABU. everyone know the location of pekan rabu. u can just talk a walk if u plan to stay at holiday villa hotel or grand continental hotel. just ask the hotel staff

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
12 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

Thanks everybody, i had great exprience at Pekan Rabu. Great place to visit. There, i tried out some local dishes and bought some stuffs for myself and family.

Will come back here soon. For my next visit to Langkawi.

7. Re: Anybody knows about Wednesday Market or "Pekan Rabu"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Alor Setar