We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Itinerary Pls

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Transport Itinerary Pls

Hello everyone,

Will be going to Singapore early next year and planning to visit Hello Kitty Town I have 2 extra days and planning to go from Singapore to Hello Kitty Town then from Hello Kitty Town to Melacca!

Can anyone recommend me a good driver from SG-Hello Kitty town and is it possible for me to do the same private service from Hello Kitty to Melacca? Can anybody pls recommend someone I could speak to and hire for our visit!

Thank you so much for a great help! I'd been reading about Malaysia and I think we will be missing something if not able to see and know the real history of Malaysia!

Ps. from Melacca will be heading to Kuala Lumpur on the 29th

28 SG-Hello kitty town heading to Melacca after then overnight stay in melacca

29 Melacca and heading to Kuala Lumpur

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,275 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

Drivers in Singapore can't drive for reward in Malaysia and vice versa.

Malaysia is only a young country - 50 years old. Before that it was Malaya . . en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Malaysia

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

Hi KeyNate,

Travelling from Singapore to Hello Kitty Town then straight to Melaka seems pretty tiring. It is more advisable to stay overnight in Johor Bahru if you have another day to spare. Normally it takes a full day to complete your visit to Hello Kitty Town (Little Big Club & Hello Kitty).

You could hire a private transfer from take you from Singapore to Hello Kitty Town, many has done that. For this i could recommend: jbsgcab@gmail.com

But from Hello Kitty Town forward, i have not heard of any private transfer that is doing this, or even there is, it would be pretty expensive. Maybe you could rent a car with driver for this route, or hrie a taxi to take you to Melaka. Or taking a bus may do the trick. You can check out the bus schedule at:

www.causewaylink.com.my/express-bus#tab_jbmlk

Hope it helps!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

thank you both for the helpful information!

So travellingmitch I saw traders hotel is a good hotel do you recommend staying there overnight to be near to the site there or you think too hassle for us to transfer to hilton in sentral kuala lumpur the next day?

If we would check in Traders is it accessible to go in Hiton? Which one is accessible from the airport via Jet Star?

Thanks again....

4. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 17:53
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

Dear Keynate, if you're staying in Traders Puteri Harbour (near Hello Kitty town), you could check with the hotel concierge whether they can arrange for private charter to their hotel from Singapore. It seems that they are able to pick you up from Changi International Airport (see link) or check with them whether they can pick you up from your accomodation in Singapore:-

shangri-la.com/johor/…

This seems to be the most convenient way to cross over to Johor Bahru from Singapore.

Alternatively, you can take a cab/bus from Queen Street (Singapore) to Johor Bahru. They will stop at JB city centre and you will have to hire a cab to get you to Hello Kitty Town/Traders. See the link for a write up:-

…blogspot.com/2011/07/taking-bus-from-singap…

Check out too the following link if you want to get a tour + bus ticket from Singapore to Johor. Note Hello Kitty town is at Puteri Harbour, Johor

http://www.easibook.com/Booking_result.aspx?grc=4-0-7-418-0&from=Singapore&fromplace=Any&to=Johor&toplace=Puteri+Harbour+Family+Theme+Park&coach_company=All+Companies

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

Hello everyone thanks for the links and information I have more questions!

Since were in Singapore and will move to Traders hotel for a night and will just ride a plane from johor bahru to kuala lumpur do you think it is a good plan or fly from singapore-kl instead?

How is the airport in Johor Bahru is it easier to go there fro Traders Hotel?

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
950 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

Yes, you can go to Senai Airport (Johor Bahru Airport) from Trader hotel then take the flight to KL. Reently there are 5 flights/day for Firefly Airline from Senai to Subang Airport (Nearer to KL compare KLIA). http://www.fireflyz.com.my/. In case you are asking Trader Hotel to arrange pick up from Singapore to Trader hotel might be expensive, search this Johor Bahru thread you can easily find the private pick up with the price range around RM150/trip.

Note: From Trader Hotel to Senai Airport should be around or less than half an hour due to all using highway.

Hope this can help.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

Thank you do you think it won't be a bother for us traveling domestically in this route with our luggage? We have 15 kilos for me and my husband from Philippines to Singapore and if we do Johor Bahru-Kuala Lumpur is our baggage would be fine?

Were staying in Hilton Sentral in Kuala Lumpur which one you think is best for us to do Malaysian Airlines or Firefly?

Thank you ping for the great help.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
330 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

Hi KeyNate - If you book Firefly online now JB - KL for early 2014 flight, it's less than RM100/pax for promo fare. It allows 20kgs free luggage per pax. Taxi fare from Subang airport to Hilton Sentral will be around RM30 and about half an hour ride. More info on taxi from subang airport here :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k614…

cheers.....

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
950 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport Itinerary Pls

Firefly will be better compare with cost and location. But Firefly using ATR72 which is propeller type jet not like MAS using boeing 737.

As for the luggage, as andy's explanation you are entitle for 20Kg checked in luggage + one 7Kg hand luggage: www.fireflyz.com.my/flights/checked-baggage.