We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desaru

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Desaru

Plan to self-drive to Desaru and Kota Tinggi during weekend (Sat & Sun). Thought of visiting Ostrich Farm, Fruit Farm and fireflies. Is it possible? How should we go about it?

Edited: 31 May 2011, 10:17
Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
980 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desaru

After Johor Bahru CIQ, you need to follow the signboard "Kota Tinggi" (Road No.3) to Kota Tinggi, you should be no problem to follow the signboard to Desaru on you right from Johor Bahru. As for Fireflies trip I only know at Kota Tinggi near the Johor River (Sungai Johor), There are few operators that offer this Firefles trip, you should be easy to find one while you reach to Kota Tinggi.

Hope this can help.

Desaru Fruit Farm:

http://www.desaruff.com/

Desaru Ostrich Farm:

http://desaruostrichfarm.com/

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desaru

Thank you for your prompt reply. How much do I have to pay for the 3 attractions that I mentioned above? Is there any other places that I can go besides those that I mentioned? How about the seafood and shopping, will I be able to find them at the desaru?

Edited: 31 May 2011, 19:00
Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
980 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desaru

I think their website already mentioned the cost or you need to check yourself. no shopping unless fruits there. As for seafood you need to further down to Sungai Rengit, that place famous with lobster but asking the price first. You can refer previous recommendation from other member.

You can go to Kota Tinggi Waterfall.

www.tourism.gov.my/destinations/detail.php…

Too long time never been there so cannot comment.

If you like golf can consider Sebana Cove Golf Resort around 10minutes from Desaru. www.sebanacovegolfmarinaresort.com/ppc/

Hope this can help

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desaru

Thank you so much. I will check it out.

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
980 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desaru

The new Highway E22 already fully completed and operation since last week, previously E22 only from Senai until Pasir Gudang (Cahaya Bahru) but now until Desaru Bandar Penawar: http://www.e22.com.my/About-Us.html

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desaru

Thank you so much. I understand the route to the fireflies is very dark, is it possible for us to self-drive there or book a tour.

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
980 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Desaru

The jetty is at Kota Tinggi Town, So it should alright.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desaru

Thank you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Desaru

How long is the journey from Singapore to Desaru? Is there any cheap and good hotel to recommend?

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
980 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Desaru

Travelling time will be shorten from a 2hr journey to a 45minutes journey from Senai (west) to Desaru (east). Previously, the Federal Route FR3 & FR92 was the only gateway to Desaru, with a typical journey of 2hrs.