We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Singapore to Desaru

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Drive from Singapore to Desaru

Hi,

I'll like to drive from Singapore to Desaru for a short holiday. I will be travelling with my family (including kids).

I have been hearing different advices about the risks of driving a S'pore registered car in Johor.

I would appreciate some feedback on whether it is safe to drive to Desaru with my family, and what are the things we need to be aware or watch out for.

Thanks.

JB
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Singapore to Desaru

Risk of driving Singapore registered car is almost the same as driving Malaysia registered car. If you drive the expensive car... well same risk also. Please note that normally Singaporean drive much faster in Malaysia road so they might get tickets for speeding.

I would think it is safe to drive with families to Desaru. If you are not confortable... dont stop when you see another car in need of help. (I may sound so selfish here, but you never know).

The road to Desaru (from Kota Tinggi junction) is not a highway just normal road with 2 lane and at some point there's an overtaking lane, you can overtake lorry on that lane.. Just be sharp and alert.

Oh, normally on weekends evening, there's always a traffic jams on the way back to johor bahru.. so some patience is really adviseable... :)or you could head back home earlier.

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
980 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Singapore to Desaru

Yesterday I saw many Singapore Register cars along the PLUS North South Highway, it should be OK for driving here. As Firebrezee mentioned JB to Desaru is normal road and limit speed is 90Km/hr and certain area might have 60Km/hr, just follow the regulation and no double line overtaking you might be safe. In case really stop by policemen, and if you really not break the law, you can asking the detail. I was blocked by traffic police near Kota Tinggi once and he just said I was speeding, but I explained to him that I was not breaking the law, and asking him to confirm with his member and finally he let me go without any ticket issue.

3. Re: Drive from Singapore to Desaru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2009, 11:10