We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

4 posts
Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

We are a family of four visiting Johor Bahru for about 10 days during CNY 2019 (arriving Feb the 4th and departing Feb the 13th).

We would like to visit Legoland. When would it be best to go if we would like to avoid the worst crowds?

Do you think it would be best to visit Legoland during the first days of CNY? Or do you think the crowds could get a bit smaller if we wait a few days/a week?

Thankful for thoughts and replies!

/Bjorn with family

7 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
562 posts
206 reviews
1. Re: Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

Hi Bjorn,

Traditionally on the eve of Chinese New Year, family and children are at their grandparents' home for an annual meal. So if you choose that day for Legoland. It should be ok.

But another problem is getting there. All these Chinese families will be on the road going back to their home towns. Also, non-Chinese families like to take this time to be on the road for a holiday too.

Perhaps think about changing your travel dates.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
194 reviews
2. Re: Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

i was there last year during cny. not any lesser crowd cause the muslim crowd and tourist crowd came. so dont expect a quiet audience. aim to plan to go for the popular rides first during early part of the day will be my best advice

4 posts
3. Re: Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

Thank you for your replies MapleLeafGirl123 and KYGan777! We will definitely take your word into consideration.

I don't think we can alter our traveling dates without messing to much with the other travelingplans. So we will have to bite the bullet and see what we can make our of it. Will definitely try to route in the more popular rides early during the day. Thankfully the kids are rather young and will be happy just to be there =)

MapleLeafGirl123: did you mean like getting to Johor Bahru from elsewhere, or even like getting to Legoland from Johor Bahru?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
562 posts
206 reviews
4. Re: Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

I meant driving into Johor. All the roads in Malaysia will be congested at that time.

Tip: bring umbrellas with you. It's so hot at legoland; not enough shaded areas.

4 posts
5. Re: Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

Thank you for the clarification :)

And note taken, good tip. A bit hard to imagine as the autumn is rolling in, but the sun will be there.

Have a good day!

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

Hi. The crowds in legoland usually acceptable . Local people usually go back hometown during long holiday . it wont affected the crowds in most place. The most affected maybe at hiway connected whole Malaysia or causeway between Johor Bahru and Singapore. It may take up to few times of usually time. It may affected your visiting schedule.

The others consideration may be visitor from China during CNY. But as Legoland is mainly for kids, I still dont think it will affected much.

My only advice may be the visiting hour. For us as local people still think the hot and sunny weather is the most challenging part if visiting Legoland. I may advice enjoy outdoor activities in Theme Park when the weather not so hot in the morning than indoor activities or Water Park after lunch.

Wellcome to JB and have a smooth trip.

4 posts
7. Re: Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year

Thank you for the reply!

Will certainly keep the tip to go to the waterpark after lunch in mind. We would probably have gone one day to Legoland and one day to the waterpark otherwise :s

Have a good day!

Reply to: Crowds In Legoland during Chinese New Year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Johor Bahru
Recent Conversations