I am planning to take the Resort Shirakami from Akita to Shin-Aomori. And then from Shin-Aomori travel to Towada-ko and spend one night there, do Oirase stream the next day and then head to Hakodate.
1. Akita → Shin-Aomori via Resort Shirakami
2. Store luggage + book seat on bus to Towadako at JR office
3. Bus Shin-Aomori → Towada-ko
- bus schedule: jrbustohoku.co.jp/pdf_data/towada0215ver.pdf
1. Bus Towadako→ Nenokuchi
2. Walk Oirase stream (Nenokuchi → Ishigedo)
3. Bus Ishigedo → Shin-Aomori station
4. Collect luggage
5. Train Shin-Aomori → Hakodate
My questions are:
1. Is my schedule workable? In particular I'm concerned about having enough time to stash my luggage in a locker (I'm planning to only bring an overnight bag as I'm hiking Oirase stream on the way back) and book a seat on the bus to Towadako at the JR office on 14/07/2016 (Step 2)?
2. The bus schedule to/from Towadako (jrbustohoku.co.jp/pdf_data/towada0215ver.pdf) has certain dates where the bus timings are different? I'm a little confused by that and just wanted to confirm that the bus timings I've chosen are correct for the dates of my travel?
3. I've given myself quite strictly 2 hours to cover Oirase stream - is this adequate? Are there certain sections that are more interesting/beautiful?