We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Japanese Language Classes in Fukuoka?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
72 posts
523 reviews
160 helpful votes
Japanese Language Classes in Fukuoka?

I'm going on a round-the-world trip next year, and I'd like to spend a few months in Japan. I haven't been to Kyushu yet, and I think I'd like to stay in Fukuoka for about 6 weeks and take some very basic Japanese courses. I've seen some information online about a few different schools, but I figured I'd ask in this forum as well to see if anybody had personal experience with any language schools in Fukuoka.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Fukuoka, Japan
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu
Level Contributor
5,647 posts
3,617 reviews
1,069 helpful votes
1. Re: Japanese Language Classes in Fukuoka?

A friend of mine from Europe studied Japanese at YMCA in Fukuoka. He said he was satisfied with the school.

Kobe, Japan
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
17 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Japanese Language Classes in Fukuoka?

What is your purpose? Will you live in Japan? Do business with Japanese? Want to learn more about the culture? Usually people who want to study Japanese have a rather defined purpose and will probably dive right into kanji.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
72 posts
523 reviews
160 helpful votes
3. Re: Japanese Language Classes in Fukuoka?

Honestly, I just want to learn a little bit for fun and have something to structure my time in Fukuoka that allows me to learn a bit and meet other people. If I can use some of the very basic Japanese during the following month when I travel around the rest of the country, great! But there's no big goal.

Reply to: Japanese Language Classes in Fukuoka?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fukuoka