We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osaka Trip

Save Topic
Osaka Trip

Hi all, I am planning for osaka trip with my hubs and just wanna figure out how to travel locally or maybe outside from osaka by train or any other choice and how to communicate with the locals? : )

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,908 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osaka Trip

How to travel depends on where in Osaka you are going. Refer to Osaka guide here for some basic info and how to get from A to B:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2157.html

Japanese people don't have a high level of conversational English in general. Use short phrases, single words and sign language to communicate. Public transport has English signs, and English maps are usually available at your hotel.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
144 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Osaka Trip

Osaka is a wonderful city and has a great train system to most all areas of the city. A taxi can also be an option for shorter trips around the system or even a bus.

English and Chinese language are limited though you will find some signs in English and can probably make sense of much of the Kanji to have a good idea what they say but don't expect uch in the way of conversation.

Umeda area is very convenient to stay and move around in.

Save Reply
3. Re: Osaka Trip

Umeda will be nice to stay? So it will be easy for me n hub to go around to the attraction places in Osaka? Cuz our first plan is to stay somewhere in Shin Osaka.. : )

I have also thinking to get the special foreign train tickets from JR West which i think it is convenient for our few days stay..

How bout if we wana make a trip from osaka to kyoto?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,908 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Osaka Trip

Shin Osaka is the Shinkansen (bullet train) station that serves the city. However, the area is a rather uninteresting business district. Umeda has lots of shops, department stores and restaurants. Namba has the best atmosphere though with shops, restaurants, and character. It's basically entertainment central of Osaka. Between Namba and Umeda is just a simple subway ride <10 minutes.

Save Reply
5. Re: Osaka Trip

Oh gosh.. thank you for the info else we will end up staying in Shin Osaka..

Will considering either Namba or Umeba!

So there is a easy railway station to move around osaka from that place right? How bout if we wanna go to kyoto? From Namba or Umeba? :)

6. Re: Osaka Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 10:50