We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything to do at Ichihara?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Anything to do at Ichihara?

Hi all,

I will be staying at social hotel anegasaki. So I have a day off, is there anywhere that I can go? What about the kominato train service? How Long is the train ride?

Edited: 06 June 2016, 21:48
2 replies to this topic
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,346 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Anything to do at Ichihara?

Anegasaki to Tokyo is only one hour, so you can go anywhere you want really. Disneyland is only ~45 minutes away.

How long is Kominato train ride? That all depends on where you're going. But the Kominato Line train doesn't run frequently and it's slow going. Better to take the JR lines unless you're going to the middle of Boso Peninsula.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Anything to do at Ichihara?

The first thing that comes on my mind after hearing "Ichihara" is "Elephant Kingdom (Zou no Kui)":

http://www.zounokuni.com/english/

Which I hear isn't very interesting- although I like (no, love) elephants. And a person coming from Singapore might not be into elephants (as I imagine that quite probably their zoos have Asian elephants).

The Boso Peninsula has nice laid back countryside feel and it gets nicer the further south you go to around Chikura, Kamogawa, and Katsuura. Good seafood.

Kanaya's Nokogiriyama Nihonji Temple is not bad although it will mean a real trek on the mountain. You may otherwise get across Tokyo Bay to Kurihama and go to Kamakura and/or Yokohama.

Reply to: Anything to do at Ichihara?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chiba