We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Boots in March?

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
167 reviews
Winter Boots in March?

Hello. I will be flying to Tokyo this Monday and was wondering if it is still snowing and if I need to bring winter boots. I would like to pack very lightly and was planning on wearing leather sneakers. However, I am afraid that they might not keep my feet warm enough if it is still snowing. Could somebody please advise me if there is a need to bring winter boots? I will be attending a trade show at Makuhari Messe and then will visit Disney Sea. Thanks in advance.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,222 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: Winter Boots in March?

Tokyo doesn't usually snow often or heavily. You can check better weather websites, or go to JMA's site:

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/week/

Shikoku, Japan
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Winter Boots in March?

There shouldn't be much snow if any when you go. You probably won't be going to Disney Sea if it snows so much you need to wear boots and you might not need to walk around much outdoors for the trade show. Just pack or buy warm socks (Japan sells great socks) if your feet get cold. I've trudged around Japan in the snow wearing leather sneakers and had no problems.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,388 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Winter Boots in March?

I don't recommend snow boots but regular leather knee high or mid-calf boots are always in in Tokyo. You'll see many women wearing them until May.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Winter Boots in March?

I don't think you need to worry about this in Tokyo. If your shoes can handle rain then you should be fine.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
167 reviews
5. Re: Winter Boots in March?

Thanks everyone for the inputs! Much appreciated :)

6. Re: Winter Boots in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2018, 18:49
Get answers to your questions about Chiba