We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christian minister?

Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Christian minister?

Heading to Phan Thiet in January 2017. My fiance and I want to get married there

( will do the legal boring paperwork in US )

I need to find a Christian minister to do a ceremony so we make it right.

Nothing fancy, just us, one other couple the minister and GOD

denomination is not important, we are very open.

I would even be open for a different religion but am unsure about

who to contact.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks

Jerry

Mentioned in this post
Phan Thiet
Phan Thiet
Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,626 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christian minister?

Because of the French influence Christian churches in Vietnam are predominately Catholic. I really don't know what the Catholic Church's stance is on marrying noncatholics in their churches.

Buddhists on the other hand are more open to marrying you as their beliefs teach respect for all faiths.

Edited: 24 September 2016, 00:27
Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christian minister?

It's a good point, you may not mind which domination marries you but they might. Had this problem in Philippines which is mostly Catholic.

Mentioned in this post
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christian minister?

There is an evangelical protestant church on the corner near the market in Mui Ne and there are some other protestant churches in Saigon. I don't think they have the same philosophy about marrying someone not of their faith as do the Catholics. Since the Mui Ne church is only a kilometer from my resort, I'll try to stop by and ask for you when I get a chance.

However, Pierre is correct that Buddhists are more open (about everything) and accepting than are Christians.

Mentioned in this post
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christian minister?

So kind of you to do that. We have a few months to get things sorted out just want to

Make it a happy day

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,626 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christian minister?

I couldn't think of a nicer place to have the wedding reception than at Pandanus resort in Mui Ne specially as there is a church nearby.

Mentioned in this post
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Mui Ne, Vietnam
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christian minister?

Can you tell the address? I'm staying at Sunny Beach hotel and would like to go to christian meeting. Thanks a lot.

Edited: 13 January 2017, 04:15
Mentioned in this post
Sunny Beach Resort & Spa
Sunny Beach Resort & Spa
234 Reviews
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Mui Ne, Vietnam
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Christian minister?

Can you tell the address? I'm staying at Sunny Beach hotel and would like to go to christian meeting. Thanks a lot.

Mentioned in this post
Sunny Beach Resort & Spa
Sunny Beach Resort & Spa
234 Reviews
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christian minister?

I assume you are referring to the protestant evangelical church, as there are plenty of Catholic churches everywhere in Southern Vietnam. If that is the one you would like to visit, it is located in the very center of Mui Ne, at the corner next to the stop light just west of Mui Ne market.

The Sunny Beach Hotel is not in Mui Ne, but rather in Ham Tien. To get from your resort to the church, take a public bus going east along Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street (That's the street in front of your resort) towards Mui Ne. There is only one stop light in the center of town. You can't miss it. Alternatively, you can take a taxi into Mui Ne. It would cost between VND 200,000 and VND 300,000.

Mentioned in this post
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Mui Ne Market
Mui Ne Market
39 Reviews
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Sunny Beach Resort & Spa
Sunny Beach Resort & Spa
234 Reviews
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
9. Re: Christian minister?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2018, 12:45
;