We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Nang to Hoi An

winnipeg
Level Contributor
243 posts
63 reviews
Da Nang to Hoi An

We took the number 1 yellow bus from Da Nang to Hoi An and back. We caught the bus at the cathedral on Tran Phu. On the way back we got off at the riverfront stop near the Han market. Cost was 20,000 per person each way. On the way there the money collector charged some tourists 30,000 each. There also was a group of 3 girls who disputed the charge he was demanding and they got kicked off the bus. We handed him 40,000, pointed to each of us. He didn't argue with us at all. On the way back there were no price discrepancies heard.

Easy way to get to Hoi An and back for $1 CAD

Thanks to everyone one who previously posted about this option

8 replies to this topic
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,626 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Da Nang to Hoi An

Thank you for posting

Shame to hear some tourists are not being charged the correct fare & taken advantage of ( no matter how much the amount involved)

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Da Nang to Hoi An

The yellow bus has been doing this tourist thing for about 10 years... Been reported many times without any recourse to the money collectors.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Da Nang to Hoi An

One good trick: while you wait for your luggage at the airport, ask people if they want to share a taxi.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
217 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Da Nang to Hoi An

I also feel very embarrassed by the hacking of tourists in Da Nang.

Feeling a little disappointed.

Udon Thani, Thailand
Level Contributor
33 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: Da Nang to Hoi An

Great news. I am planning to ride the Yellow bus, Danang to Hoi An.. Would you know where to get a bus schedule and a stop map ? Merci Winnipeg...

winnipeg
Level Contributor
243 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Da Nang to Hoi An

I found this online. It is Hoi An to Da Nang. From what I can tell buses run 5:30am-5:30pm

and buses run either every 20 or 30 minutes.

"From Hoi An Bus Station – Le Van Hien – Ngu Hanh Son – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Bach Dang – Phan Dinh Phung – Yen Bai – Le Duan – Dien Bien Phu – Ton Duc Thang – the Centre of Da Nang bus station"

The Hoi An Bus station is about a 15 minute walk into the main tourist area. If you have the map.me app (which i highly recommend as you can use it off line) just follow it. We walked there and back with no issue.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
243 posts
63 reviews
7. Re: Da Nang to Hoi An

We asked at our hotel where to catch the yellow bus. So if you aren't sure, try that avenue. If you are staying beach side it will be a taxi ride over to the bus stop

Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Da Nang to Hoi An

OMG you are on VACATION, spend the extra $5 for a taxi directly to your hotel.

Reply to: Da Nang to Hoi An
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Da Nang