We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Hello,

I am flying into Da Nang with my boyfriend in early October for 10 nights. We were wondering whether to stay in Hoi An or Da Nang? I get the impression Hoi an is more romantic, but doesnt have a lot to do? And that Da Nang is more big city?

Please could you advise. At the moment we are thinking 5 nights in each.

We are coming from 5 nights in Hong Kong so will want to relax too :)

10 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
8,445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Come and decide for yourself.

It's not the high season; very easy to get a room.

Cheers,

John

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15,074 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Really no question, it's Hoi An

Corowa, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Could I suggest 2 days in Hue, 2 days in Danang- enjoy the beauty of travelling the Pass by car from Hue to Danang then 6 days of enjoying Hoi An.

Hue is beautiful and you need to visit the Citadel. Danang is a working city - quite modern but the river and beach to enjoy. Tourism attractions to visit.

Hoi An to relax and explore the Old Town. Easy taxi to the beach for an outing. Hoi An is an easy place to just wander, eat, drink and absorb the beauty.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

5 nights in each place?

Or add Hue (1 or 2 nights) into your itinerary.

Da Nang, Vietnam
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Both. Hoian is 30 km from Danang

Tarentum...
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Yes stay a few nights in each as each has its attractions and add in Hue City as suggested and yes do the Pass by car or Motobike tour.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Hoi An is by far the better choice. Da Nang is the capital so just the major hub. When leaving the airport and driving towards Hoi An there are heaps of huge beach resorts eg. Nam Hai or the Naman approx. 20 minutes from Hoi An. If staying at any of these resorts u will have to shuttle into Hoi An.

Hoi An has great restaurants and the Anantara resort in town is walking distance to restaurants shops and all that Hoi An has to offer.

Maybe consider splitting the time at one of these beach resorts for 5 days and in Hoi An for 5.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
21 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

I would just stay in Hoi An for the entire time and then take a day trip to Da Nang to see the city. You're right, it is just a big city (with a gorgeous beach!) but wouldn't be great to stay in for 10 days.

There's plenty to do in Hoi An – lots of tours available plus a few days of just wandering the ancient old town and hanging out in the pleasant cafes there will be great. You can get clothes tailored too, if you want!

I really liked this electric scooter day tour I did: https:/…

Here are my recommendations of places to stay in Hoi An: https:/…

Hope this helps, Jane M

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

You can visit both of them, even another destination for 1-2 nights. Hue is a good choice. How about 3 nights in Hue, 3 nights in Danang and the rest Hoi An

Hanoi
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?

Definitely Hoi An, where there is A LOT to do : histori onuments, Cham Ruins o My Son, Cham Isalands, great bicycling, the best food in Vietnam, a day-visit of Danang with Marble Mountains and the Cham Museum, and, of courses, beautiful beaches., a big town.

THis said, 10 days are a lot. I would spend 6-7 days only and the rest in beautiful Hue

Reply to: Stay in Hoi An or Da Nang for 10 nights?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted