We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shop/Supermarket

Barbados
Level Contributor
567 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Shop/Supermarket

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a large grocery shop/supermarket in Hoi An town. We're looking to get breakfast cereal and milk amongst other things.

Thanks

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shop/Supermarket

It is very easy for you to find many groceries at Ly Thuong Kiet. One is big near the traffic light of intersection of Nguyen Truong To str and Ly Thuong Kiet.

Or you can ask receptionist for help.

I translate some in Vietnamese as below and you can use: a large grocery shop: Cua hang tap hoa, Cereal and milk: ngu coc & sua.

We're finding cereal and milk: chung toi dang tim Ngu Coc va Sua.

Hope this will help you

enjoy

vietnamdrive

Barbados
Level Contributor
567 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shop/Supermarket

Hi vietnamdrive,

Thanks very much for the help, particularly the translations! We went down to where you said and found a couple of shops that were bigger but didn't have the type of cereal we were looking for.

What we're wondering is whether anywhere sells cereals like Kelloggs breakfast cereals etc.

If anyone has any help it'd be much appreciated!

rotterdam, Holland
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shop/Supermarket

Everything change rapidly in Hoi An but last time I was in Hoi An I had to go to Danang for my Kellog cereal and other stuff.

Barbados
Level Contributor
567 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Shop/Supermarket

Our attempt to locate breakfast cereal like Kellogg's proved fruitless! We'll have to wait until we move on from Hoi An!

Thanks for the help!

5. Re: Grocery Shop/Supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 11:54