We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoes from photographs?

England
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shoes from photographs?

Hi there

It's our first time in Vietnam and Hoi An in particular. I am anxious to have some favourite shoes copied as I understand the shoemakers there are able to do this.

My question is - is it necessary to take the shoes with me (bulk and weight etc plus extra for bringing the completed ones back) or could a decent shoemaker make a copy from photographs of all angles?

Any suggestions for good people to do this for me?

So looking forward to seeing Vietnam.

Cheers

Jay

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Hull, England
Level Contributor
124 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoes from photographs?

Hi Jay,

We were in Hoi An in March, and I got 2 pairs of shoes made, ( I took my shoes with me) but my husband also got 2 made and he chose them from a catalogue in the shop and they were great.

My first pair were okay, but I was very pleased with the second, which I got made by Levy in the main street, sorry can't remember the address, but Yaly have a shop in this main street, and Le Loi Street runs through the middle of it. It's the street on the way to the Japanese Bridge, passed Le Loi Street, and next to a Lantern Shop. Levy's is on the right hand side, and our shoes were great.

Hope this helps.

Liz

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
England
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoes from photographs?

Thanks for that Liz, sounds like you were very satisfied with Levy - will look out for it in June. I wonder though how easy it would be to make them just from photographs of your own favourites?

What do you think of possibility of copying a handbag and purse?

Regards Liz

Jay

Hull, England
Level Contributor
124 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoes from photographs?

Yes, I am if the pictures are clear I am sure they will be able to copy them.

I didn't get any handbags copied, but am sure if you ask they will let you know, or suggest somewhere else.

My daughter is going to Hoi An in August, so I will be sending her with a couple of pictures of boots I would like making.

I am sure you will enjoy your holiday when you go

Best wishes,

Liz

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
England
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoes from photographs?

Thanks once again Liz - such useful information which will save quite a lot of space in the packing. Will certainly look out for the shops you mention and take photographs of lots of angles of footwear!

Hope your daughter has a good time

Cheers

Jay

ps any other advice or info you have re Hoi An in general would be most appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
5. Re: Shoes from photographs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 09:56