We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An - Hue Hai Van Pass - best tour company?

Southern Wales...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Hoi An - Hue Hai Van Pass - best tour company?

I'm looking for the best company to book a Jeep tour of the Hai Van Pass from Hoi An to Hue? I've been looking at Vietnam Backpacker Hostels tour but are there any others people recommend? Do I need to book in advance or could we find one while we're there?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Hoi An - Hue Hai Van Pass - best tour company?

I've travelled from Hue to Hoi An and vice versa 3 times, once with train, once with a tour company and once we drove car by ourselves. If you just want to go over the Pass, you may think about doing it yourself by taking train or private car (drive yourself or rent a car with driver). if you want to get more than a transfer (a guide to show you many things...of course it's a good choice!), you should read reviews of Vietnam Backpacker Hostels first. Here is my review some years ago with Indochina best travel for our tour throughout Vietnam and Cambodia (we travelled over Hai Van pass by 7-seater car that time, not a jeep car)

https:/…70217918

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
64 posts
2. Re: Hoi An - Hue Hai Van Pass - best tour company?

taking jeep would be fun and stylish traveling in central land of Vietnam, there is a company provide jeep tours around hoi an it is rose travel base in hoian, i am not sure whether they have jeep tour to Hai Van pass or not, if you can pay for private it is highly possibility

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,508 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Hoi An - Hue Hai Van Pass - best tour company?

I first met Mr Thong in Hoi An about 9 years ago.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Re…

During a few visits I'd been having a few "test rides" with various motorbike riders with a view to taking a multi-day trip through the mountains. I built up a list of rejections and a couple of possibes and suddenly...Thong was the one!. I went on a couple of great bike trips and one car trip with him. I haven't been in contact for a few years but I recall he used to talk of one day having a Jeep for tours. I see he has realised that ambition. I haven't been on his Jeep tour - but I know he is a good operator.

easyrider-hoian.com/index.php/jeep-tours/1-d…

Regards

rayza

Edited: 19 October 2018, 11:58
4. Re: Hoi An - Hue Hai Van Pass - best tour company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2018, 17:30

Reply to: Hoi An - Hue Hai Van Pass - best tour company?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted