We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

Hello travelers,

I will be having my honeymoon soon in January and I would like to ask if sea will be swimable? Will it be warm enough? What do you think?

In addition, we will arrive to Dubai International airport and I would like to ask if the taxi will be the cheapest and the safest? How much would it cost? This says around 140 UAE dirham but when I asked some people they said around 300 UAE dirham.

Hotel proposes 280 UAE dirham for one-way and one of my friend that he can arrange a transportation for me for 200 UAE dirham. So I am a bit confused. Can I trust Dubai Taxi cooperation webpage and around 150 UAE dirham will be the exact cost from the airport to Rixos Bab al Bahr?

Thank you

Fatih

Wales
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

A taxi from Dubai airport will cost around 200dhs. The website may quote 150aed but this most probably does not include 20dhs airport tax and 20dhs Sharjah tax. Depending on the route taken there may also be toll road charges which would make the cost around 200dhs. The return taxi will be a little less as there is no airport tax.

Many visitors find the sea warm enough to swim in January but locals and ex-pats would find it a little cold after the bath water temperature of summer. Be brave!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

Thank you for the answer. So I will choose taxi if the maximum cost can be 200aed. I hope there is no any extra cost that will appear later on.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

Airport taxis start with 20dhs on the meter. Any extra taxes/tolls will be added as you travel. Total cost will be around 200dhs.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

Can you tell me if they will be added at the end and the price will jump from 150 to 200 for example? I just wanted to know their working system.

Edited: 13 December 2016, 13:13
Wales
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

They will be added as you travel. The taxis in the UAE are well regulated and reliable.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

The price displayed on the meter when you reach your destination is the price you pay.

Its not compulsary to tip but they drivers are greatful for them.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
10,264 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

Hi...was looking at this hotel myself, can anyone tell me if the all inclusive system is truly all inclusive and does this include top brand drinks, thanks in advance

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,176 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

The starting charge for a taxi at Dubai airport is now 25 dirham.

The taxis are metered and safe so you pay what it says on the meter plus a tip if you want.

The fare will be between 200 and 230 dirham depending on traffic it will take around 90 minutes

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

Thanks for the answers. Do taxis accept foreign currencies or should I change money at the airport? Is there a fair exchange office at the airport which I might find it open at 03.00 AM?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rixos Bab al Bahr, weather and transportation

Taxis will only accept local currency and you can change money in the airport 24 hours a day

Get answers to your questions about Ras Al Khaimah