We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long before a return flight to book a transfer for?

5 posts
Save Topic
How long before a return flight to book a transfer for?

We are looking at doing a private transfer from dalman to marmaris return. Is anyone able to advise how long before flight departure i should book the return transfer for? 3hrs? Flight is at 12.30am at night? I know check in tends to open 2hrs before the flight. I havent been to Turkey for 5years but i do remember the long queues for security checks. Any advice welcome!

5 replies to this topic
FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,227 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long before a return flight to book a transfer for?

Hi Victoria private transfer takes around 1-15 You supposedly need to be there at least 2 hours before so just work it back with how long you want to spend at the airport personally we leave it as late as poss but I can't recommend that on here.

For you I would say give your self 3.30 at least before your flight time.

Stevie

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long before a return flight to book a transfer for?

Our pickup for our private transfer on Monday was 4 hrs before our flight, we arrived at Dalaman 30 minutes before our flight opened ( easyjet ). we went straight to Mcdonalds for a meal and and the gate No came up early due to the extra security measures and swabbing, flight left spot on time and arrived in Manchester 5 min early, great flight

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long before a return flight to book a transfer for?

It really does depend on your tolerance level.

We always go for a minimum 2 hours before often 3.

I would rather wait in an airport and then have a coffee/meal rather than be siting in a traffic jam sweating I may miss my plane because I have left it late.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
94 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long before a return flight to book a transfer for?

Make sure you give yourself enough time. We had our first private transfer this year, flight was 1pm, our pickup was 9.30am. In Airport around 11am for check-in which, for us, was perfect :)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long before a return flight to book a transfer for?

We are doing private transfares with Viking all mehmet asked was flight nos and times so they can check for delays et but have assured they wait no matter what.

Reply to: How long before a return flight to book a transfer for?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted