We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

Hi, guys,

Planning to go to Fethiye for the first time this September. The kids are 3 and 1y.o. As it seems, we'll be much better in a rented home or apartment than in a hotel. Or could you recommend any children-friendly hotels that you know? Any tips concerning renting a home?

Which way would you suggest regarding meals arrangement?

How much can one month stay on average be? Any way to save money on? Thanks in advance,

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,934 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

I think you are leaving it a bit late to find accommodation, most of the best places will be booked by now. You will find that all Turkish hotels are child friendly, Turkish people love children. Friends of mine have a chld with special needs and they have stayed at the Mutlu Hotel in Calis and find it very good. My daughter, husband and my granddaughter are staying at our place in Calis just now and they love the privacy of our home and the fact they can come and go as they please and the baby can make as much noise as she wants even at night when she wakes up. They prefer this to an Hotel.

If you want to rent try the Callis Beach Forum there are people there that rent out their properties.

Good Luck.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

Thanks a lot for your response. Thanks for the link to the forum as well. I realize that we are quite late and should have bothered much earlier. As I presume, there are many foreigners owning property on the coast. Do most of them give it to rent when they don't stay? Is there any difference between renting from locals and foreigners?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,934 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

I think a lot of the property for rent around the area is British owned. I know a few people that rent out flats and villas. They bought the places specificially as "buy to rent". We have never rented out our place but the guy next door to us rents and he is Turkish. I don't think there would be much different in who you rent from. As long as the terms and conditions where upfront and you had a contract.

I just remembered the Letoon Hotel on Calis promenade. They are a budget hotel that have a lovely view right opposite the beach. They have a restaurant, a pool and the accommodation is chalet type two storey rooms each with it's own terrace. All the accommodation is at the back of the Hotel which might be good for children. It's a quiet location but not far from all hub of things. We stayed there when we were getting our

place ready to move into. Website http://www.hotelletoon.com/

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

thanks again, I'll have a look.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

Did you typically travel via agencies or individually when your place was not ready? Which way do you think is preferrable?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

Does Letoon provide AI?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,934 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

When we went out there to get our place ready we booked a package holiday. As it was last minute and we got a bargain. We never usually do this, we always book on-line ourselves. I would advise you look at both options and compare prices.

Letoon just did B.&.B when we were there I know there are lots of really good restaurants in the area that will not cost an arm and leg.

Just about 5 minutes walk from the Letoon is a placed called Aydin Pide. It's opposite the (Tugay Hotel, which is also a very good Hotel and I have been told very it's cheap to stay there tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298031-d112363… )

Aydin Pide have a real wood oven for pides and pizzas. A pide is about 5 TL. They also do take away. So even if you don't get AI you will be able to get reasonably priced meals.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

Appreciate your assistance so much indeed!

Letoon is just 2 stars but all comments are most complimentary. It's amazing!

Did you stay there for a long time?

I have read in some posts about mosquitoes. Is that a real trouble or folks are painting it too black? Can there be any other potential issues for little kids we are bringing in? Thanks in advance,

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,934 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

Only stayed for 1 week at Letoon. We did stay at the Letoonia Resort (totally different place) the year before we bought our property. It is 5 star and AI.

The mosquitoes have not been as bad the last few years as the council spray the streets quite a lot now. We use Avon Skin So Soft which we apply about 3 times per day. It's a really good product and the mossie hate it.

You will be able to buy it on Ebay. It's good for kids as it has no harmful products. My daughter found that my granddaughter was affected by the heat as she was not used to it and she used lots of skin cream on her and also used a sun protecting swim suit and hat. You will find lots of love fresh fruit and vegetables which are so good for children. Go to the Calis Market on Sunday for some really fresh cheap products. Have breakfast opposite in the Roka Restaurant which is a real treat and very cheap.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Little kids Family holiday Fethiye

Thanks again

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations