We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things for Kids

Manchester
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Things for Kids

Hi,

In the years that I have been to Calis / Fethiye - I have never found anything for my children to do at an evening time.

Can you recommend any Amusements, Adventure playground, kids club etc etc.... I read that Sultan's Aqua park are usually open until early evening with various entertainment on, but this was not the case last year!!

Please help - my kids (like all kids) tend to get bored to the point where they end up pestering me. Please relieve me of this.........

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things for Kids

A sunset cruise, beach BBQ, there's a new adventure play area on the front in Oludeniz now.

Manchester
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things for Kids

Thanks Samipayne.

I will be based in Calis Beach - so will need something in that area. Beach & BBQ not a problem.. but would like something as in bowling, kids club - things like that. Just an evening or two for them to do their thing.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things for Kids

There is bowling in Olu Deniz

bobbie

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things for Kids

Try that game,

Take they dad's glass to bar & fill it.

Now you are right,there is nothing much for

kids,other than water park.

More or less you have to go to a hotel child

friendly hotel, with water slides etc.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things for Kids

There's an adventure playground at the Sat Beach Club in Calis Beach.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things for Kids

There's a bowling alley opposite Tansas in Calis.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things for Kids

Also agree not a great deal for kids especially younger ones to do of an evening.

While there have a look at the local English language free papers for ads on things to do.

I think the bowling alley at Tansas closed.

Edited: 14 June 2011, 22:56
manchester, England
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things for Kids

We are staying in a private apartment in fethiye so will be looking for things to do in the evening with kids. I was under the impression that olu deniz has plenty to do in the evening for kids and is only a short dolmus ride away. I hope that's the case anyway.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
135 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things for Kids

Personally my children know they are very fortunate to go on holiday and no matter what country we visit we try to encourage them do produce a mini project when they are away (now aged 10 & 12). Even when they were younger we encouraged them to keep a holiday diary with little drawings and keepsakes from our adventures. Of course we keep them busy through the day swimming, boat trips etc but they know the evening is family time for food and relaxing. We always try to take in a few authentic restaurants which now in fact the kids enjoy much better than your run of the mill pizza and chips which is common place back home. Even now they sleep for 2 hrs late afternoon so they have the energy to want to stay awake ( and not grump ) in the evenings. My daughter has made many Turkish friends over the few years we have been going to Turkey and enjoys learning more words each year.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things for Kids

Hisaronu has a small funfair, go-karts and trampolines, there is a new play area for children on the front at Olu Deniz.

I think there is only entertainment for children in the bigger hotels, that's one of the reasons I am going to the Asena Beach this year as my son was a bit bored in the small hotel we were at last Summer as there was nothing to occupy him in the evenings.

I will definitely get him to keep a holiday diary this time though, writing what he has done, any new words learned and put keepsakes in it as it is hard to remember everything when you get home!

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations