We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Cornwall
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Hi all - got back last night.

Amazing holiday - I have written a review but it is still pending and not yet posted.

A gorgeous holiday - if you have any questions - please fire away.

North Wales
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

we go in a couple of weeks, Have they upgraded any of the bungalows, and i'm looking forward to reading your review,

Cornwall
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Hi Shirl

Lucky you!! We're so glad we've booked for next year! The bathrooms in some rooms have been upgraded I have heard - ours wasn't, but to be honest it didn't make any difference to the enjoyment of our holiday!! Our room was lovely to be honest. Fabulous views and a huge balcony. I think the room had had a lick of paint over the winter. It felt much more homely/cosy than the uber modern approach of some hotels. I just am a sucker for wood - you should see my house!!

Review is still waiting to be approved, I have waffled a bit!!!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Also going in a couple of weeks ! another poster said to email ahead to request a particular room-bungalow ,(we are booked into a bungalow) having never been before not sure where the best rooms are. Somewhere not to far from the main resturants but not noisy, any suggestions or should we just take pot luck?. We are not the moaning types and always make the best of every holiday we go on.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Hi Bas!

I've messaged you to save waffling away here!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Mintcar - waffle away, it may be interest to others.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Okie Cokie FF!

We took the advice of someone on these boards who said to ask for a high floor upstairs room with a large balcony. That is exactly what we asked for and exactly what we got!

Our room was in 'block' 23 and was in a perfect location for us. It was probably slap bang in the 'middle' of the resort, affording easy access to the funicular or steps down to the square. Therefore extremely handy for restaurants and beaches. FF's map of Letoonia he provided a link for will really help you out if you look at it - just remember that it probably only takes 5 mins to get from say block 23 to the beach. We had two kids, four beach towels, a beach bag, a lilo and an inflatable plane - didn't cause us any grief.

There are also some bungalows near the beach - some higher up etc etc. In our opinion, the bungalows from the Lykia restaurant down were in the best location. If you do stay further up, you can jump on the electric buggy which takes you around, it isn't a problem - you could walk it as it would only take 15 mins max. You can also take a funicular from the hotel reception, to the bungalows at the top - walk a short distance and take another funicular down if you wanted...it sounds complicated - but it really isn't. It isn't that huge of a place to be honest, even if you were to walk around the perimeter along the coast which is lovely!

I have to say that, when we got there, the steps (for us) really aren't that much of an issue. I was expecting lots more from some of the reviews! I personally would prefer to stay in the area we were, rather than say the main hotel block itself. When I say block, there is really hardly any concrete in sight in this place - it is stunning (however, my review reiterates this - when they finally approve it!!!!).

This place rates up there in my top 5. We've been to Coco Reef in Tobago, Barcelos in Mexico and Sun Island in the Maldives, so it is ranking up there with these top 3! Just the ambience is heavenly.

Edited: 10 June 2011, 21:09
Cornwall
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Oh, meant to say we've been in one star hotels we've loved too - I believe you get out of a holiday what you put in. However, this hotel is extremely well run and the staff was lovely! The location is what makes it and the vegetation all over the resort - simply relaxing.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Hey Mintcar,

Tnxs for the mail and long informative reply here, going to study FFs map later and try to make my mind up, ohhhhh decisions - decisions.

Still holding my breath here awaiting your trip report, lol.

Take Care

Cornwall
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

You're welcome Bas

Can't understand why my review is taking so bloody long to be approved!!!!! It is all good!!!!

You take care too x

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Letoonia - fabulous!

Glad you enjoyed your hol Mintcar

We got back on monday..was again fabulous. We had block 66 which is up from Dolphin Beach. Brilliant room although it was rather a trek in the heat. Saying that though we probably would ask for the same room again next time!

Get answers to your questions about Fethiye
Recent Conversations