We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

Bromley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

Booked this trip with RSD Travel (German outfit). First time with them and the area. Interested in anyone's experiences and tips/comments on either.

568 replies to this topic
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

An odd name for the tour as most apostolic sites are in the Aegean region including all 7 of the Revelation Churches or the eastern Mediterranean area around Tarsus.AFAIK no apostles ever visited Cappadocia.The only link is the fresco's in the cave churches.Probably better to call it a fresco tour :) Never heard of the company BTW.

Cambridge, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

I would be very intersted to know how your holiday goes I have booked for the 18th April.If you are going before me please keep me updated.

Bridport, Dorset
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

Also considering booking. Can't find any info about company on web. Price seems too good to be true? anyone know more?

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

You can find info about them when you search on google. Most of it is in German. 28/2 I go with my sister buth make other tour starting Antalya, Demre,Fethiye, Kuşadası,Efeze, Pamukkale and Perge. Few places I have visited before but for this price I will see them again. What I read about Turkey was good. Most of people found it ok. Only thing included is a stop in jewelcenter, carpet factory but is nice to see it once. And what I found hotels people writed about was not bad. Cappadocië I visited 10 years ago and sure I will go back there. It is very special !

kyrennia
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

am v worried re this trip as have now had hotel choices, adonis and antalya hotel Adonis got the most dire write ups, not just from one person, but all.

I called RSD but the agents all seem to be in Estonia and were extremely rude when I queried the type of hotel, and said it was clear they were budget hotels when one booked. I disagree with this entirely.

have asked for manager but wa stold managers do not take calls. Unbelievable.

have you heard any more?

kyrennia
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

Beware! Not sure if you will receive this, let me know if you do and I will tell you more

Karen

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

Thank you. I am waiting the tickets. This 2 hotels I know, few years ago Antalya Hotel few times stayed, when they sold it 2x in Adonis. All our friends where gone in Antalya hotel and Adonis I did'nt like there. But for 1/2 nights no problem because when we are there will go to visite friends in Kaleiçi. Know Antalya very well so it is no problem.

Cambridge, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

Please let me know of anything else that may be relevant about RSD Travel and this trip to Turkey

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

When I have the tickets I write here more information.

kyrennia
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia

Sounds very dodgy, email me at

Kwhitworth@hotmail.com

As not sure this works.

Guess you are on the trip now, but from what I have found out, I no longer want to go!

Karen

Ps my email address, is All lower case!

Reply to: On the trail of the Apostles in Cappadocia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted