We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
384 posts
175 reviews
TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

We fly into Antalya on 14th August with Thomsons. We've just been to collect our tickets and were astonished to discover that our flight times have changed by an 8 1/2 hour difference.

We were due to depart at 15.35pm and now it is 7am!!! With only 9 days to go we were slightly worried about our taxi transfer to the airport. As a party fo 6 we wouldn't be easy to accomodate with 5 pieces of luggage!

Luckily all is ok with our taxi but I am really annoyed with Thomsons.

They have a 'My Thomson' aspect to their website where you can books extra bits and peices and it STILL states the old flight times. This isn't good enough, this should have altered.

On the plus side these flight times suit us much better, no waiting around all morning, kids will get to go in the pool for a couple of hours and the return flight time is a bonus at 17.20pm instead of 2 am.

Just hoping other people on our flight look at their tickets and don't miss their flights.

Thomson WE NEED TO BE TOLD THESE THINGS! This is 2012, email, text, phone call...even a letter!

Louise

Edited: 04 August 2012, 21:59
lancs
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

Thomson sold me a taxi transfer with Holiday taxis.com/ united blue. We had so much trouble with them to the extent that we almost missed check in at the airport! They also wasnt there to meet us at the airport. I amgoing into the Thomson shop on Monday to complain!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
384 posts
175 reviews
2. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

Well I'm not impressed with them at all. This will be the last time we use their shops. We've booked next years holiday online.

They usually telephone to say to collect tickets, nothing! Had to go in and enquire! Luckliy the lady did go through the luggage allowance. flight times etc

Some people don't check these things though!

Louise

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

Thomas cook changed my hotel without even telling me :( you really have to keep an eye on everything.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,956 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

just out of curiousity..then if so many people have problems with the travel agents why use them..now a days it is so easy to book your flight and hotel separately and YOU CHOOSE your hotel and flights that are available.

I would be upset if I booked a holiday at one hotel and then they changed to a different hotel without telling me.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

We were on the Manchester flight delay and after staying at the gorgous Baia Lara we were put in the dump that is Kervansaray Lara. This dreadful hotel is being sold by Thomson next year and for myself, husband and son it would be costing only 300 pounds cheaper for the week than the baia. It is also being sold as a 5 star hotel????!!!!! Thomson could then say sorry you are overbooked that hotel is of a similar standard.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
78 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

Westieman we too were stuck at Antalya waiting to get home but managed to get on a Monarch flight that same evening. I wondered where they were taking you all. Did you get off at 11am as promised by the reps?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
384 posts
175 reviews
7. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

What happened? Am curious now?

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

Sad lack of communication from Thomson, looks like the flight times have been changed mid season

aviability.com/flight-number/flight-tom512-t…

(Date will be on 7th Aug, just enter 14th and it will show 7am flight as well)

There was also concern re the return flight on an earlier post a few days ago

tripadvisor.co.uk/…42650688

Edited: 05 August 2012, 17:38
lancs
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

Hi .Lancashireruf. No we didnt get off at 11am as promised. We ended up leaving at 10pm the following evening. How did you get on the Monarch flight? Had you booked a package holiday? The hotel they put us in was awful!

lancs
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: TOM 512 to Antalya from Manchester - flight change 14/8

Sorry meant 10pm later in the evening on the Wednesday.