We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kahta/ adiyaman --> capadoccia: night bus available?

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
kahta/ adiyaman --> capadoccia: night bus available?

hi! what is the latest bus schedule from kahta or adiyaman to capadoccia (goreme, nevsehir or kayseri)?

thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: kahta/ adiyaman --> capadoccia: night bus available?

There are buses from Kahta to Kayseri from where you can then just take the local bus into Göreme.

Gülaras Turizm have a bus at 11.00 and Kahta Petrol Turizm one at 12.00.The journey takes 6½ hours,cost 50TL.

Another alternative is to rejig your route and go from Şanlıurfa instead.Nevşehir Turizm have buses from Urfa at 09.00 and 19.30 for this 8 hour journey ,cost 65TL.

Yet another option is Urfa to Kayseri which offers more choices.For example Süha Turizm have a bus at 22.00 for this 8½ hour journey,cost 40TL.You'd arrive in Kayseri c.06.30 just a nice time to take the minibus to Göreme ready to start a days sight seeing.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: kahta/ adiyaman --> capadoccia: night bus available?

thank you! very helpful advice. im thinking now of "rerouting":

instead of batman-hasankeyf-mardin-urfa-halfeti-antep-nemrut-capadoccia, im thinking of:

1) diyarbakir-hasankeyf-mardin-nemrut-antep-halfeti-urfa-capadoccia.

*is there a public bus mardin-->nemrut?

*how many hours travel?

*nemrut accessible around March 20-ish?

or:

2)mardin-hasankeyf-diyarbakir-nemrut-antep-halfeti-urfa-capadoccia

*public bus diyarbakir-->nemrut?

*how many hours travel?

*which one (mardin vs. diyarbakir) is the better option to get to nemrut (cheaper?, faster?more scenic?)?

* or would u recommend another route instead?

thank you again!!:-)

Edited: 31 December 2015, 08:25
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: kahta/ adiyaman --> capadoccia: night bus available?

I would be inclined to fly into Gaziantep and then go...

Gaziantep>>Halfeti/Birecik>>Urfa(with a day trip to Nemrut,local pensions arrange this)>> Mardin>> Midyat change to Hasankeyf(for day trip)>>bus back to Urfa>>bus to Kayseri.

By March Nemrut will be right at the start of the season,it 'should' be open for climbing but local enquiries will confirm whether it is possible or not.

I know someone who visited there in the 2nd week of March(c.8th or 9th) 2 years ago and it was accessible but her hotel owner kept muttering she was a month too early and it was indeed bitterly cold on the climb and she didn't linger very long on the top.She later said she wished she had be able to go at a later time.So much depends on how severe this winter will be.Certainly pencil it in but don't be disappointed if it is still too early to climb.

The above route avoids Diyarbakır which is in one hell of a mess right now and is likely to be for some time to come and is frankly better avoided.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: kahta/ adiyaman --> capadoccia: night bus available?

yay! i was reworking my IT today and is actually leaning on flying to antep too! thanks for confirming this and thank you so much for the heads up re:diyarbakir.

your suggested route is great!! (why didnt i think of this before?!? hahaha!)

uber-grateful to u, sarikanarya! thank u!

Raiganj, West...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
5. Re: kahta/ adiyaman --> capadoccia: night bus available?

Hi !! I have a question for Sarikanarya:

Actually I was planning something like Istanbul- Kayseri (2-3 days in Cappadocia)- Kahta, with a trip to Nemrut- Mardin (2-3 days there including a trip to Hasankeyf)- Diyarbakır- Van (I have a friend in Van)- Istanbul. But, after reading your suggestions, I think a re-planning is needed:

Can you help me plan a trip like:

Istanbul- flight to Gaziantep, then Halfeti (by bus? can you pls tell how much time it can take, and how much time it takes to go to Rumkale fort from Halfeti?)-

then Urfa (I was not planning Urfa actually but I plan a trip to Nemrut, is there any alternative route?) If not, I will stay at Urfa- pls tell me how much time it takes from Halfeti/Gazientep to Urfa? Since the local pensions arrange the trip to Nemrut (from Urfa), what can be the cost? How much time it takes, etc.?

then to Mardin (can I come to Madrin directly from Halfeti/Gazientep?) Is it possible to visit Hasankeyf now or is it already under water?

then, bus back to Urfa for a bus to Kayseri (spend 2-3 days in Cappadocia)- then to Van.

Now, is there no other way that stay at Urfa again? Can you kindly tell how much time it takes? Madrin to Urfa and then Urfa to Kayseri? But, is this not getting complicated? I wanted to skip Diyarbakır since you said that there were some tensions.... can you plan something for me.... I start at Istanbul, I plan to visit Cappadocia, Nemrut, Madrin and finally go to Van. Can you plan any alternate route? From the photos I see in the net, Gaziantep also seems to be a good destination, so if possible it can be added.

Reply to: kahta/ adiyaman --> capadoccia: night bus available?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted