We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adiyaman Airport to Downtown

BKK
Level Contributor
583 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Adiyaman Airport to Downtown

Can anyone tell me how I can get from the airport to downtown? I would like to pick up an Avis car rental downtown and then drive to Mt. Nemrut.

5 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adiyaman Airport to Downtown

Same here. I am also looking for same information, however my pick up is from airport.

Looks like AVIS has stopped their service from Airport. They asked me to get in touch with local office one day before pick up date.

BKK
Level Contributor
583 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adiyaman Airport to Downtown

Yes, they closed the airport office. Can you tell me how you arranged an airport pick up? Are they picking you up or dropping a car off at the airport for you?

The Avis turkey email (not adiyaman office) is cs@avis.com.tr or

pinarsu@avis.com.tr.

The Adiyaman office phone is 904162233300

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adiyaman Airport to Downtown

Well, I haven't arranged any pickup. I have called Avis adiyaman. They asked me to call them back one day before the pick-up date. I believe they will come to airport to sort out the matter (either with car or take me to their downtown office) as I have a confirmed booking with Avis to pick the car from airport.

The plan is, I will ask my Istanbul hotel operator to talk with them and see what is their proposal. Do you have pick-up from airport or downtown office ? If it is downtown then they most likely won't come. Here are few options

1. Outside airport you will find taxi or dolumus. Dolumus will take you to central bus station. From there you need to take taxi to Avis office. It is better you take taxi and go to downtown office directly.

I will be in Adiyaman on 9th June from Istanbul, turkish airlines. If you are coming that day may be we can sort out the problem together.

BKK
Level Contributor
583 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adiyaman Airport to Downtown

Thx for the info. Much appreciated. I am going in September and don't have an Avis reservation yet. Obviously it would be ideal if I could get them to pick me up at the airport. I would appreciate any tips you could provide when you return. I have as downtown pick up.

Just wondering what your plan is in adiyaman. How many days, how many times up the mountain, and what else you are thinking of doing in the area.

Have a great trip. I am really looking forward to it.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adiyaman Airport to Downtown

Well, Had a visit to Adiyaman. What I did is

1. I had a booking/car pick-up from Adiyaman airport. Hence one day before I made a call to Avis and I asked my hotel manager to become translator

2. They agreed to come to airport with my car, we met outside airport gate, right front of taxi stand

3. Paper work they wanted to do at downtown, so we travelled to downtown.

4. paperwork done, got car

Please note : No english, its bit difficult to communicate. May be you need to use gesture and broken english, simple words

GPS doesn't work properly. May be local one can be good but they didn't offer any GPS. We had a personal one.

You can ask your hotel manager to give a call to them , one day before pick-up, if they can comeover to airport. Alternatively you will get taxi outside airport but the pick-up is very far. Expect to pay around 30 - 40 GBP.

In Adiyaman we have visited to Harran village (near to Syrian border), Ataturk barrage, Mount Nemrut (Only sunrise). Mount nemrut is very far and the path to eastern terrace is not good and strenous. I suggest to always use western terrace path even though you want to watch sunrise. Stayed for one night.

Regards

Arijit

Reply to: Adiyaman Airport to Downtown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted