We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone planning to visit Mt. Nemrut end of April?

Hawalli, Kuwait
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Anyone planning to visit Mt. Nemrut end of April?

Hi,

I'm trying to make my Turkey itinerary for my 2 weeks vacation in Turkey this April to early May.

I want to know if a solo female tourist can visit Mt. Nemrut?

So far, from my itinerary I'll be arriving in Kahta otogar around 5:30am from Goreme. According from my research, I can take a dolmus (?) to go to Karadut since it will be the best place to go if you want to visit Mt. Nemrut. I'm thinking I'll be using Karadut Pansyon services in order to see Mt. Nemrut. But I will not stay in Karadut because I want to visit Gobekli Tepe in the afternoon and by that I'm planning to depart in Karadut around 2pm and hopefully I may able to arrive in Sanliurfa around 4-430pm then maybe take a cab and just have a quick visit to Gobekli Tepe. My possible flight from GNY to Istanbul will be the next day around 1130am.

Can you please check if my plan is feasible? I would love to hear your opinions. Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Anyone planning to visit Mt. Nemrut end of April?

We are hoping to visit Mt Nemrut in late April all being well. We were thinking the best way was to fly into Sanliurfa, and get a bus from there to Adiyaman and then another bus to Kahta. We are looking at staying at the Karadut Pansyon and travelling with them to Mt Nemrut. However, if you want to see Mt Nemrut either at sunrise or sunset, then you would probably be best to stay there overnight. Also, Gobekli Tepe has been closed for building work (they are building a roof over the main site) and I am unable to ascertain when it will reopen. I was in touch with a local guide about him taking us there and he stated that it may not be reopened by the end of April. He didn't know for sure when it would reopen. I would hope it would be reopened by April though but I thought you might be able to check this out for yourself if you are basing your trip to Sanliurfa around going to Gobekli Tepe that is. I would appreciate finding out too, but it has been difficult to gain any further information about the site and when it will be open again. There is also Gaziantep and the Zeugma Mosaic Museum too. Good luck!

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Anyone planning to visit Mt. Nemrut end of April?

I went there a few years ago on my own, from Sanliurfa, and had a wonderful time. I stayed at the Karadut Pansiyon, which is a lovely setting.

Hawalli, Kuwait
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Anyone planning to visit Mt. Nemrut end of April?

Thank you for the tips. I decided to remove Gobekli Tepe in my itinerary. I also don't know when it will be open to public. Therefore, I decided that I'm going to have an overnight stay in Karadut Pansyon for the Mt. Nemrut sunset. (I might not able to catch the sunrise because my estimated arrival is around 0800 from Goreme) Then the next day, I'll go straight to Adiyamman airport for my flight back to Istanbul.

Maybe will see each other. :)

Reply to: Anyone planning to visit Mt. Nemrut end of April?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted