We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caruso palace- el hana pek

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Caruso palace- el hana pek

Hi anybody recently arrived back. My partner and I both male in our 30s are due to fly in two weeks.

Just a few questions?

Does the hotel cater for adults only thomas cook says it does but do other tour operators use the hotel, also are towels provided for the pool/beach areas, do the standard rooms have fridges and finally and recomendations for rooms? Ive asked for a high floor room with sea view.

Thanx in advance.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

Hi lorenzo 1983.

My husband and I are going to stay at this hotel for 1 week from tomorrow . We have also requested a high floor sea / pool view room.

I will be pleased to answer any questions on our return. We have visited Tunisia 11 times staying in 5 hotels over the last 13 years so hopefully we will enjoy this one!

Best Wishes

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

thank you Amethyst-2009 it is my first time to Tunisia however did Marrakesh last year so I am expecting the cultures to be similar.

Enjoy your holiday I am due to fly out on the 28th of June.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

Thanks we will do our best !

If there is anything else you would like to know send me a message.

Best Wishes

Amethyst

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

Hi Lorenzo, I've not stayed at this hotel but I have been to Morocco, as you say the culture is very much the same but in my honest opinion the Tunisians are sooooo much more friendlier, warm and welcoming and wonderful people. I went to Tunisia first in 2007 and then Agadir in Morocco in 2010 so I could see a big difference when I went to Morocco, and then back to Port el Kantaoui in April this year, even my Fiancé could see what I was talking about, Morocco was his first holiday abroad and then Tunisia, he could see what I was saying about the people, Moroccans are lovely people but Tunisians are so much more. Wonderful country, love it.

Julie

Edited: 15 June 2013, 20:01
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

I arrived back from two weeks at this hotel this morning, it is 100% kid free, yay!! haha,

towels for the pool have to be payed for and come with a mattress for the loungers, you pay at reception and give the pool guy a ticket, didnt bother myself as it was comfortable enough with a couple of my own towels.

the standard room we had had a fridge, we moved from superior to standard as the superior rooms were horrible, not sure on the rooms numbers but when you arrive look out onto the gardens beyond reception and ask for a room on the left side as you look out as they get sun all day and the opposite side is in shade all day.

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

Thanks for the info Clint.

Do the rooms have safety deposit boxes?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

yep they do.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

Hi Lorenzo

Just to add to previous posts --- towels and mattresses are 2 dinar per day. Towels are small and one day were not available until 11.30 am as they are laundered on a morning not a night ! We bought towels from MIAMI supermarket to use round the pool.

This shop sells a good selection of cold drinks ice cubes fruit and fresh baked bread which was a great change to pizza and chips etc for lunch.

With regard to the rooms there were problems with the air con which had just been serviced .Once we did get settled with everything working we were very happy.

This hotel changed ownership 18 months ago and improvements are ongoing. During our week more new mattresses for the bedrooms arrived also new white sunbeds were delivered. I was impressed this hotel used mattress and pillow protectors. Never seen them in Tunisia before. On our last night flat screen televisions arrived. The food was the best we have had in Tunisia! Lots of positive things about the Caruso but very disappointed with the bathrooms which need gutting.

Have a great time.

Best Wishes

Amethyst

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

thank you for the comments Amethyst I am now counting down the days!

10. Re: Caruso palace- el hana pek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations