We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other hotel bars

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Other hotel bars

Hi, we are staying at the Kanta residence SC for a week at the end of June, From what i've read there is not much in the way of bars in PEK (correct me if i'm wrong) so I was wondering if other hotels welcome non residents into their bars and if so which ones?

Also which is the best/cheapest supermarket near Kanta for bread/milk etc?

Cheers

London
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Other hotel bars

Normally yes no problem wandering into other hotel bars. The only problem now is that some hotels are completelty all inclusive and have no facility for taking cash. Not sure of the hotels close to you but hopefully someone will confirm.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,113 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Other hotel bars

Ray

Irish Pub is on your doorstep. Kanta owns it

No problem going to other hotels who use cash tills

Shops near you too and some good eateries/cafes etc

Mick

Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Other hotel bars

Ray, there are 2 supermarkets within minutes walk from the Kanta they are situated close by each other,both before the archway down to the marina you can't miss them. So you can easily compare prices.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Other hotel bars

Thanks for the help, 1st time to Tunisia so unsure how to expect it, used to spain/portugal holidays but going with an open mind

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Other hotel bars

the two main supermarkets in pek are the big market on the right as you walk to the marina from your hotel and the other one is Magasin General, this is part of a national chain in tunisia, as you aproach the marina arch if you look to the right you will sea a ice cream hut with a car park at the rear, the supermarket is set back on the left, its small but well stocked with all foods and non foods, has a fresh bread area, deli and fridges, we used it a lot,

alan

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Other hotel bars

Irish pub is great, especially in the evenings, I used to go to the club in Hanibal Palace too and Vincci, but it depends what you're looking for.

A few places around the marina serve alcohol in the evnings, but you'll probably find that your hotel has a good programme of entertainment and a few bars.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Other hotel bars

Thanks for that, We usually like somewhere a bit lively and maybe karaoke etc sound like a stereo typical Brit! lol

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Other hotel bars

Are you travelling with kids? If so the Irish pub and in-house ents will be perfect for you.

If not with kids it depends how hardcore you want to go.... There's never going to be any Ibiza style clubs, but the Vincci & Hannbal palace clubs are quite good these are both within Hotels, there's Metallica club not far away too, despite thye name it's not rock music.

For a bit more liveliness get a taxi to Go Banana's outside Siusse, they have an attached nightclub there as well called Living Room.

Go Banana's is famous for it's bucket of vodka. It used to be about 100TD for a bottle of "Absolut" vodka, a couple of cartons of o.j and a couple of cans each of coke & Shark (red bull alternative).

My best suggestion would be to ask some locals for advice, some waiters will be happy to accompany you, which can be helpful but be aware they'll excpect you to buy them a few drinks.

Most places you go into & sit down & the waiter comes to you, usually you work up a tab, but don't be afraid as it's normally an electronic receipt so you can see what you're being billed for. I always tip on the first drink to make sure I get looked after :)

In the normal tourist spots don't expect it to be especially cheap.

Find the little "wine shop" in the Marina, it's to the right as you come into the first section, behind a kiosk doing henna tattoo's, there you will find some super cheap drinks to keep in your room. They even have a bottled beer called Stella!!!

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Other hotel bars

Great reply thanks, Kids are not coming with us on this holiday , the Irish bar sounds good and its attached to our hotel, we are mid to late 30's so not looking for the "hot pants and whistle blowing" places but also don't want to be tucked up in bed at 12 or 1am, got excited when I saw Metallica club being a rock fan but will enjoy ourselves whatever the music ;-)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Other hotel bars

Yes I was excited first time I heard the name too, especially being as Tunisians love "And nothig else matters" but then I found out that they're just suckers for love songs.

Try Go Banana's if it's still going. It's a good laugh, they have a live bongo player. Vinnci & Hannibal palace clubs are really nice & laid back, you get a good mix of dance music (nothing hardcore) and Tunisian popular music, I love these places as you do get lots of Tunisians in them.

I reckon you'll like Irish bar though, we do! let me know how the hotel is too, I haven't stayed there but have been tempted.

Edited: 04 May 2012, 17:48
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations