We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Kenz first time visit

2 posts
Save Topic
Royal Kenz first time visit

Hi I'm visiting the Royal Kenz and Tunisia for the first time at the end of June. I have a few questions that I think someone will be able to answer:

- It says there are tennis courts. It this true? Are they in good condition and used? Can you hire equipment?

- We are aged 21 and 22, are there likely to be many other people our age? I've read there are a lot of older people at RK.

- Will there be entertainment by then? Recent reviews have said entertainment is starting again in June i.e. today. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm going with an open mind as we're there for a bit of cheap sun after finishing uni and can't help but think the bad reviews are typical moaning brits! Will write a review upon my return to give a first timer's impression.

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Kenz first time visit

Hi,

I'm just back from the Royal Kenz yesterday. It is a very nice hotel, with some friendly and helpful staff.

The hotel is full of much older people who probably cannot be bothered with the children at other resorts, but there are also many younger people there, including young couples and solo travellers.

I don't remember seeing any tennis courts in the hotel, and other than swimming or lying by the pool there is very little to do in the hotel itself. There are plenty of activities on the local beach, which is about 5 mins walk from the hotel.

There is little evening entertainment in the hotel, save for a chap on a keyboard playing blues music (honestly, he is quite good and is worth listening to over a beer.) The Thomson reps do a night of entertainment too.

I have read reviews from people who have complained that the food is repetative, and I can agree with that to a certain degree if you are a fussy eater, but if you are willing to try a range of foods from a variety of countries then you will certainly not go hungry.

There are two excursions I would recommend. The first is the 'Lights and Lasers' show at the Medinat Alzahara Parc, which is about £63 for two. It is a fantastic evening of food and entertainment, with an excellent show in three languages detailing 3000 years of Tunisia.

The second is the Sahara Trip, which is more expensive at around £110 per person, but for that you get a two day bus trip to the very south of Tunisia and the Algerian Border. It is an early start, with a visit to a Roman Colosseum and then on to visit a Berber woman in her cave house, before having lunch in the location used for Luke Skywalker's house in Star Wars. Then it's off for a camel ride into the Sahara desert before spending the night in a camp in the desert. Day two starts at 4am, for a drive in a 4x4 to the border of Algeria, before making your way back to the resort.

One last word of advice! Make sure you listen to the local rep at the Welcome meeting, it will help prevent you being ripped off by the locals if you do venture out of the resort.

Enjoy your holiday, and I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Sahara Desert
Sahara Desert
297 Reviews
Tozeur, Tunisia
Algeria
Algeria
Africa
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Kenz first time visit

Hi,

Yeah there is a tennis court and you can hire rackets and that. Dont know what condition they are in but did see a young couple going to play. You normally hire from reception.

Wendy

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Kenz first time visit

THe also have a set of Boule and a pitch down near the gate out the back towards the beach. Good fun

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Kenz first time visit

Thank you for all your comments. I'm looking forward to seeing a different country/culture after many years of holidaying with family in Tenerife, Lanzarote and the Balearics.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
5. Re: Royal Kenz first time visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 17:47
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations