We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to allow for food/drink per day?

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
How much to allow for food/drink per day?

My partner and I are looking to book a 2 week stay at the Evason Phuket and Bon Island hotel in December 2012 on a bed and breakfast basis. Can anyone give us an idea of how much we would need to allocate for food and drink per day in pounds sterling if we were to eat at the hotel ? Many thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much to allow for food/drink per day?

If you visit their website you can download and unzip the pdf menus for their "Into the View" or "Into the Sea" etc (about 10 !) eateries and bars. There's lots of them you can look at. Looks like at the cheapest place it's about 350 baht per person for a small meal or pizza; double that for steak. 610 baht p.p. for an English breakfast or 300 baht for just an omelette; 260 for muesli. 350 baht for a sandwich or wrap. It's all pretty dear by comparison to what you would get outside of the hotel.

Seeing as you get breakfast already, I figure you'll be up for about ₤15-₤20 minimum each per day. Plus alcohol. It's cheaper if you eat local Thai style foods. It's much cheaper than that if you eat outside of the hotel !

In the fancier places there they have degustation menus (so, 4 or 5 tiny serves) at about 2000 baht (I'd say that's per person ?), or a la carte at about double the price of the cheaper eateries at the hotel eg fish 600-800 baht. I could see myself spending serious money here if I wasn't careful, especially on drinks. Drink prices ? Shot of Johnny Red 200 baht; cocktails 250-350+ baht; local beer 190 baht (small).

But see for yourself. To their credit they provide extensive menus, and the prices include tax:

sixsenses.com/Evason-Phuket/Dining-and-Refre…

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much to allow for food/drink per day?

Hi

Food and drink outside the hotel is a fraction of the cost .

as you come down the driveway from the resort towards the main road, there are a few small shops on this small road before you get to the main road, a small general store for supplies, tour kiosk, taxi,massage, tailor etc

when you get to the bottom of the hill to the main road you can turn left or right, I used to go left mostly, more to do this end, along there is a big (ish) 7/11 store, eating places, massage, few small shops,and as you come to the corner where the sea gypsy village is there is a bakery/small diner on the corner opposite side of the road, a bit further on is Nikita's, (same side as sea gypsy village) and a sea food resturant a bit further along, and few little bars, its all a bit of a walk from Evason though . If you keep walking along the beach road you will come to Coconut Bar and Restaurant has a lovely rooftop restaurant very friendly and a bit further Recycle Rest .

if you turn right as you come out of the driveway there are some traditional markets about 200mt or so past seashell museum on certain nights, think it might be Mon & Wed?, start about 4.30/5pm,not too much else but a few little bars on an evening .

Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much to allow for food/drink per day?

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for all the info - much appreciated :) One thing though, you mention the distance to all these places from the hotel? My partner is disabled and, whilst not in a wheelchair, cannot walk long distances. How easy is it therefore to get a taxi to these eating places and how much would this cost?

Many thanks

Kat

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much to allow for food/drink per day?

Taxi around Rawai 100 to 150 baht .

I always use Plah who has a taxi / tour service in Rawai

Tel Plah 085 184 8490

Julie

Rawai
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much to allow for food/drink per day?

The Evason is built on a hilly site. Whilst there is a complimentary bus service around the site the hotel itself has a lot of steps and i mean a lot. If your partner is partially disabled I would suggest requesting a room on reception level then you could bus around rather than walking up and down hundreds of steps

6. Re: How much to allow for food/drink per day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 15:47
Get answers to your questions about Rawai
Recent Conversations