We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

Penang, Malaysia
4 posts
2 reviews
Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

would like to know is there any cheapest way from the airport to patong? is there any public transport from airport to patong such as buses etc??

please give me an advise...tq

279 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
90 reviews
1. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

Regular airport taxi is pretty cheap but if you don't mind wasting your own time, you can catch an airport bus heading to Phuket Town, then swap to a bus going to Patong. This will save you maybe 350-400 baht but take you about twice as long as a taxi direct. There is no direct bus from the airport to Patong.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 23:54
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

www.airportbusphuket.com/faqs.html#faq2

Edited: 15 February 2013, 23:56
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
849 posts
200 reviews
3. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

We caught a minibus for about 150 baht from memory, just exit the airport and look for mini bus signs, tell them you want to go to Patong and they'll put you in a van. You will probably have to stop somewhere along the way to confirm which hotel you're staying at, the people in the office write the name and address of the hotel down for the driver and work out who gets dropped off first (some have said they will try and sell you tours etc but we didn't find that happened to us). Was an excellent ride and much cheaper than taxi or private transfer. On the return trip you can book a minibus at any of the tour desks in Patong (may need to haggle to get that price).

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

The easiest way to to take a metered taxi. You have to exit the airport terminal and go to your right. Straight a head about 50 meters and you will see a booth with taxi written on it. Go to the booth and negotiate the price but you actually pay the driver. We paid 500baht to Patong Beach. We do this every time. the taxi takes 3 adults with luggage. Easy.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,228 posts
170 reviews
5. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

Shared mini-bus,now 180 baht. Just as quick as a taxi, to Patong, after which it depends on where your hotel is.

I don't see the point of paying 500-600baht, just to get to your hotel 10-20 mins quicker

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
849 posts
200 reviews
6. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

Yep, my feelings exactly, more money to then spend on food, tours etc. Thanks for the heads up re price change.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
73 posts
7. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

joy airport mini bus 150 bath per person

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
270 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

Dont listen to people sayig it takes twice as long for 360baht for 2 adults we hopped in a mini bis directly outside the hotel. This took including other drop offs around 40minutes. Saves you alot of money and isnt much longer than a private taxi. Ive been their and done it take my advice.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
9. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

Can anyone advise where can we find the shared mini bus?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,228 posts
170 reviews
10. Re: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..

As soon as you leave the airport building, there are a couple of stalls offerring taxi's, mini-buses etc. Just tell them you want a shared minibus, its 180bt to Patong, 200bt to Karon/Kata.

The first guy I spoke to last Friday told me 900bt for a shared minibus, I just told him to get lost basically nothing but a thief basically.

Reply to: Cheapest way from Phuket Airport to Patong Beach ..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted