We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

psoriasis

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
psoriasis

could anyone reccomend any treatment for skin conditions & psoriais in or around patong

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: psoriasis

i know there is a scottish guy from absolute the claims he knows a good product as 2 visits he has asked me about my portwine birthmark thinking it was psoriasis

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: psoriasis

worth checking out

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: psoriasis

there a plant that grows wild in thailand called alovera or as the thais call it "arovera", all u need to do is strip the soft green outer and apply it to your skin its marvellous

just leave it to do its work, don,t wash it off,drys very quickly

take my advice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqyXYTLnof8

the inside is a clear jelly, no smell

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: psoriasis

I agree with andy53. Aloe Vera would be great if you can get some. There is a green skin on the outside of the leaf with clear jelly like flesh inside leaf. Cut off a piece of leak like cutting off a piece of salami. Then slice the piece in two, and rub the clear flesh over the affected skin. If you allow the Aloe treated skin to dry - it seems to leave a protective film. You can alternatively, leave the clear flesh on the wound with a bandage to hold it on. Has a nice soothing and healing effect. Really worth trying!

To add some humour - I'd cut my arm off before going near absolute though!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: psoriasis

lol @ Peter R aloe vera is great for sunburn too only thing is i am allergic to it so no good for me. this scottish guy is always around o top markets

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: psoriasis

Pusskat11 - when I went to Patong in 2012 and 2013 I took my skin treatment "tools" with me so got by OK. I know what you mean about aloe reaction - one of my sons seems to react negatively to it too! I have had a bit of eczema type of trouble. I've since had some very good results from pawpaw cream (from www.mcarthurnaturalproducts.com) but that's no use to matt! But to be there as matt659 is without knowing the local treatments is hard.

Matt659 - I'd try asking local people and health businesses and see what suggestions come up.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: psoriasis

thanks everyone.yeah get back to me peter if u find anything out

Phuket
Level Contributor
601 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: psoriasis

Ointment from any Pharmacy called 'Dermovate' . It is excellent for Psoriasis .

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: psoriasis

I think that's a steroid ointment though. Any topical treatment will never get to the underlying cause as it is due to an overactive immune system. Sun (vitamin D) and sea is the best therapy for Psoriasis, but is only temporary. Unfortunately you need serious, biological drugs, which damp down your immune system to have any long term relief, but then with low immunity, you are prone to catching many illnesses. I am on them for Psoriatic and Rheumatoid Arthritis. PM me if you want any info.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: psoriasis

I found the title of this post interesting. I have a condition which is somewhere between psoriasis and ecsema. My skin does not respond well to heat and the sun in my home country, South Africa. However, for some reason when I visit SE Asia, especially Thailand, my skin does very well. Whenever I get back from a trip abroad my skin would be extremely lighter and many of the marks would have dissappeared. Does anyone know why this would be the case? I have previously used the likes of dermovate, elocon, betnovate, etc, but have essentially winned myself off these.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has the same experience when visiting Thailand, especially.