We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mom Tri's Kitchen

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mom Tri's Kitchen

Hi,

How long does it take to get to Mom Tri's Kitchen from Patong Merlin Hotel? How much would i expect to pay to get there & back?

Thanks

Nayz

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

Depending on traffic its about a 20-25 min drive, we hired a driver with a minubus one night & I think it was 1000baht, he dropped us off at 6pm and we rang him to pick us up about 11pm.

Cathy

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

Thanks Cathy....

I will be celebrating my 30th Birthday while in Phuket, not sure i want to travel that far for dinner....do you have any other suggestion for a nice place to eat closer to Patong Beach?

Nayz

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

There are plenty more places in Patong but not in the same league as Mom Tri's Kitchen, if you are looking for fantastic food, beautiful location, award winning restaurant a 20 min drive is nothing:)

Your hotel is surrounded by restaurants, if you walk down the beach rd for about 10 minutes (go past Bangla Rd) just down on the left are some nice beach restaurants, Sabai Beach Restaurant is nice with good cheap Thai food and seafood.

It really all depends on what you are looking for, budget, seafood, Thai, there are just so many places lol.

Cathy

Edited: 29 April 2012, 14:21
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

Nayz

Check out Joes downstairs. its part of Bann Rim Pa, far north end of Patong.

Great views, very flash, but not Thai cheap, expect to pay highish Aus prices.

Joes is only one of 3 resturants there. Worth considering.

baanrimpa.com/seaside-restaurant/index.php

Or if you just want to keep it simple and cheap, as Cathy says Sabai Beach is nice

Michelle

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

Thank you so much for your suggestions....it's going to be a hard choice :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

We returned from Phuket on Sunday and stayed at Katathani next to Mom Tris and we paid 500 Baht to go one way into and out of Patong so I expect it should be the same.

We had dinner at Mom Tris last Saturday and the service was excellent as were the menu choices and the food.

If you go you should plan to arrive around 6.00 for happy hour and also the great view in daylight, the sunset and then the night lights.

We found the cost about three quarters of the price we would pay in Perth for a similar dinner. You can access their menu through their web page.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

Does Mom Tri's do lunch? My bday is on a Monday and we fly out the next day so I was hoping to do lunch instead of a late dinner. Maybe I'll have to do Sunday dinner? Also would like to get a tooth pulled as late in our stay as possible because of swelling, so I wanted to get mom tri's in before the dentist lol!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

Yes Olivia, Mom Tri's Kitchen is open then, we had lunch there yesterday, but for your birthday I would definately go the Sunday night, as the Sala Lounge & Bar will be open,the setting, lighting etc, the menus are different, the piano man will be playing, totally different experience at night:)

Cathy

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

I celebrated my 40th at Mom Tris in July and it was fantastic. Our favourite restuarant is Baan Rim Pa but for that something special Mom Tri's was great. I don't know if that makes sense..lol

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mom Tri's Kitchen

Hi Thanks for all the great comments about Mom Tri's Kitchen! Much appreciated and I will pass them on to my colleagues. Lunch is very nice here too, however it can get busy also so I would like to suggest to make a booking for lunch although not necessary. Dinner has been very busy and a booking strongly suggested.

If anyone wants to see the current dinner menu with prices visit our website. Also you can make a booking via email or from the website.

http://www.momtriphuket.com