We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Hi all.

I am organizing my brothers wedding in September 2012 on Patong and has booked for all 55 guests to stay at Baanthai.

I just received an email from creative holidays explaining that there will be extensive upgrades being carried out whilst we are there.

Harvey world travel group booking department has offered to move us to another hotel...

So...I would love some suggestions for similar accommodation, in a close vicinity to everything with good pools etc. Just like Baanthai has.

As always keep up the good work everyone!!!

Phuket, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Hi There,

Please check us out and www.burasari.com

we are located not far from Baan Thai, right opposite to Holiday inn.

For any further information, please feel free to contact me directly at zew@burasari.com

Regards,

Zew

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Patong Merlin (PM) Ground Floor in the new section (Deluxe Pool Access rooms) is the most obvious choice, but these particular rooms are probably booked out already. Normal pool view rooms are cheap in September and though not as nice as Banthai, will satisfy most people. Good pool setup with lots of areas so you can all spread out and not be on top of each other. Holiday Inn always a safe bet. Prices should be similar to Banthai but with 55 guests you should get a good discount wherever you stay.

Many other choices, but you have to watch room choice at some. Eg Duangjitt would be suitable in Deluxe Pool View rooms. On sale for $100 per night in September (breakfast included) represents excellent value. Huge grounds and giant pool. With so much space you can be as sociable or as private as you want.

Last week of September is Australian school holidays.

Toowoomba...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Burasari :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Yep I was going to say the Bursari as well.

Patong Merlin would also be good.

Michelle

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Have a look at Merlin beach resort, while we were there back in march for 2 weeks there were five weddings, the resort is amazing. Only 5 minutes to patong by tuk tuk.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
13 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

We have just returned from the Burasari, and can highly recommend. They also have a range or different room types to suit a range of budgets which may come in handy for a group that size! We stayed in an elite pool access room which was fantastic!

Location is excellent as everything is within walking distance, with a 7/11 next door too.

Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Wow thanks heaps everyone.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

We took a chance with Burasari last year when Banthai was doing renos (can't believe they are still continuing) and it was the best thing we ever did. Burasari is fabulous but make sure you book in the new wing. Good luck!

Australia
Level Contributor
308 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Thanks heaps for the suggestions. We have got our travel agent onto it.

Hopefully the renos are nearly finsihed by the time we get there and we can stay put.

But you guys have been helpful in getting me back up options.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,274 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! Need hotel options due to Baanthai upgrades.

Also Holiday Inn just around the corner.