We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
352 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a good laundry service beside the Holiday Inn for washing and ironing. Approx how much per item ?

Thankyou in advance

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,095 posts
1,611 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry

You will find laundry drop off points on every corner. They charge about 50 Bahts per kg.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry

Correct, but I would not recommend laundering anything that is really white, and that you don't want discolored... They don't use bleach and I don't think they separate colors from whites...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry

Recommend you hand wash anything that you treasure.

I would only use the laundry for jeans and heavy duty items.

It is not expensive but it is if your clothes are ruined.

victoria
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry

Hi Tuppence.. We have used the laundry opposite side entrance of Holiday Inn for the last 10 years. The lady owner is so nice. It is also a pharmacy store. It is just down from Burasari. We have never had an issue with lost or damaged clothing. If we want whites seperated we just tell her.

Francesca

St Kilda, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry

I would recommend, do you own washing. We used a few of those little laundry places and the lost a few items of clothing, dark shirts were lighter and everything felt stiff...

Dont risk it. They do ruin your clothes.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
352 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry

Thanks everyone for there input.!! Think I will just return home with dirty clothes!!!!lol Heading for KL after Phuket so I thought it may be a good idea to have our clothes laundered. After reading reports maybe not lol

Thankyou for your opinions

Edited: 14 January 2011, 21:52
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry

Hi Everyone

We had our clothes washed when we were in Phuket last year and to be honest we never had any problems and it only cost 50 Baht per kilo. We did stay in kamala and found a very nice guy down the street who we took it to. in Saying that we ask some localsthat we meet and they pointed us in the right direction.We just took a few things down there the first time as we and then as it was so good we ended u taking everyhtng else down there the next day and got him to organise. So maybe try a few thing first and see how you go, But it is so cheap, and like i said we did not have any issues. I would have no problem in taking to them again in april when we go back.

Cheers Andrew

melbourne
Level Contributor
301 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundry

Hi tuppence78.

When we've stayed at Holiday Inn we dropped our laundry off at a souvenier shop (full of wooden carvings etc)- exit through the Busakorn reception, turn left then it's the first shop on the left. 50-60 baht a kg. We've never had any problems with shrinking, discolouration etc. We used many other outlets for laundry throughout Thailand and not one thing has been damaged.

Don't be put off using laundry services. Everything comes back clean, fresh and pressed.

Hope this helps.

Nat

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
352 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundry

Thankyou Nat,

Will probably give that one a try. Thankyou.

LORRAINE

10. Re: Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 11:02