We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Uni Student Travelers

1 post
Save Topic
First Time Uni Student Travelers

Hello everybody,

My friend and I are looking to book a holiday to Phuket (our first time traveling to Thailand) for our uni break and was looking for some advice! If you guys could please comment with your experiences and any advice would be amazing.

We're both 21 and am looking to travel around the 21st of September. What are the best accomodation options? We are looking to get accomodation near some beaches, would staying near Bangla road be a good choice??

Also what are some good things to do during the day? Attractions?

and how much money should we bring?

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangla Road
Bangla Road
17,178 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
8 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Uni Student Travelers

Do a quick search of the forum and you'll have the answers to all of your questions as they have been asked many times before. It's hard to recommend a hotel when you didn't include a budget.

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Uni Student Travelers

Banthai beach resort aceoss the road from beach but set back off main road 3 seperate pools with swim up bars st all pools happy hour different times at each pool🍹🍺huge breakfast selection and great staff to make your stay better we r going there in october will be our 5th year in a row and also only 5 min walk to bangla road and bars around hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Banthai Beach Resort & Spa
Banthai Beach Resort...
2,457 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time Uni Student Travelers

There's always lots to do.Book excursions, advertised everywhere, expect to pay half. Your have a great time. For hotels try sun sea sand, The Sira grande, The crib patong.

Mentioned in this post
Sira Grande Hotel & Spa
Sira Grande Hotel & Spa
320 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,806 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time Uni Student Travelers

You will get the best accommodation your budget allows for. For hotel advice include a nightly price range. Phuket is more expensive than Bangkok for cost comparison. (Cheap and easy to get around Bangkok city area.)

Google search and even a forum search can help you with what to do. Pull this forum up on your laptop and find the green bar at the top of the website page. On one side is a choice for hotels. On the other end is a choice for Things to Do.

Read the FAQs on the side too. (Sample for Patong below. Phuket forum has a FAQs section too.)

Top questions about Patong

FAQ DRIVING LICENCE Requirements

FAQ BEWARE Jet ski rental

FAQ Photos with Gibbons & animals in Phuket

FAQ Forex & Money Options

FAQ Airport Transfer Options

FAQ How hard is it to use a wheelchair in and around Patong?

FAQ Phuket AIRPORT Hotels

FAQ Book TOUR now or there

FAQ: What is the important information first time visitors to Phuket need to know?

Hostel on this link for Phuket.

https://www.lubd.com/patong/

Up to you!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
522 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time Uni Student Travelers

thorntree forum

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,806 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time Uni Student Travelers

Jannaya E

1 post

It's okay to come back!

Auckland Central...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Time Uni Student Travelers

Hi Janaya,

Depending on your budget you will be able to judge it.

Use Agoda for hotels/resorts they are running a special ATM unfortunately I didn't get to use the special as I made my bookings literally a day before the special came out

Promo code is AUGUST18

I am sure you will be able to find the most appropriate accommodation based costing use the filters have a look around. Check places a bit further from bangala road as it's quite busy but pretty good if you don't wanna roam around.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Time Uni Student Travelers

Currently im at surf hotel patong. Very Good rate comparing to location and cleaniness. 4 star hotel with 2 minutes walk to either bangla road or the beach and 5 to 10 minute walking distance to shopping malls. Best choise to have and u can get for a room with private jacuzzi as well for loving couples.

Reply to: First Time Uni Student Travelers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted