We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian Food options ?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
42 posts
74 reviews
Vegetarian Food options ?

me and my wife are vegetarians (no meat, no Fish, no eggs, no seafood) . had a couple of questions -

1. Is local thai food predominantly non vegeterain ?

2. how easy or tough is it to find vegeterain eating options in krabi ?

Would phuket be a better option to choose for ease of finding vegeterian food - our plans are still open between phuket and krabi ...

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,260 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Vegetarian Food options ?

1. No, it's very meat based especially chicken, fish and pork and a lot of the dishes have fish sauce in them. We've found being flexibility is the best way to go.

2. We eat at all the normal restaurants but ask for the Thai favourites with 'pak' vegetables.

3. Not necessarily and the vibe in Phuket is very different to that of Krabi. If you want somewhere more laid back and less, to a certain extent, touristy then Krabi is the place to go.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2. Re: Vegetarian Food options ?

Dear Abhishek,

Hi. I am also from Mumbai, and also a vegetarian, and am visiting Krabi 3rd week of Oct. I have the same constrains as you do (no meat, no fish, no eggs, no seafood).

The response you got from Cassnu is right - its predominantly meat based. However, I think you would be able to explain at your resorts/restaurants of your constrains, and for most parts, they could substitute chicken/pork with tofu. You have to explicitly mention about not having any fish based sauces.

Atleast thats the way we are looking at it, and should work out fine... hopefully. :))

Cheers,

Kaushal

Mumbai
Level Contributor
42 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Vegetarian Food options ?

thanks cassnu and kaushal for the response.

kooks like it wont be too big an issue - lets hope for the best.

let me know of ur experience kaushal once ur back ... we will leave in late november

kaushal - wat made u choose krabi over phuket ? i m still a little confused.

for someone who is not into snorkelling, swimming, sunbathing - are 4 days too much for krabi ? my only fear is that we shouldnt get bored with nothing to do in terms of sightseeing n stuff

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Vegetarian Food options ?

I know that there is a vegetarian restaurant at Sofitel Krabi. Im gonna try it when i visit in the 2nd week of September 2013. Will update ull on it.

5. Re: Vegetarian Food options ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 11:48