We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thai itinerary - help

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
thai itinerary - help

Hi. My husband, 5 year old son and I are travelling to thailand in april. We plan to spend 6 nights in ko lanta and wanted to spend 4 nights somewhere before that. We want somewhere beautiful but not too touristy and not too rustic... we dont want a resort with nothing around it as we want to walk out onto the beach and interact a little with people/restaurants etc...people have mentioned Krabi and Ko Tao...any other thoughts welcome please??? specific hotels names welcome too. Specifically is the tubkaak (krabi) too remote or does it have stuff around it??? Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thai itinerary - help

Koh Tao might be a good choice. I heard that it's so beautiful and I'm going there in May ^__^

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,675 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thai itinerary - help

Getting from Koh Lanta to Koh Tao will take most of the day if you fly and more than a day if you go overland, so you will waste a whole day travelling so I would stick to the west coast and have a look around the Krabi area. Ao Nang is the main tourist beach area near Krabi Town, it doesn't have a great beach (by Thailand standards), but it is not too full on and has a decent selection of restaurants and accommodation and is good for getting to other islands on day tours - it's an easy place to wander around especially with young kids. The Tuubkaak looks to me like it's in the middle of nowhere so I would suggest looking at Ao Nang instead if you want interaction. The scenery in Ao Nang is stunning with the limestone karsts. We stayed at the Krabi Resort which is at the end of the Ao Nang Beach on the left hand side when viewed from the ocean, it was in a good spot with some food stalls right outside the entrance which were great for lunch and a little nighttime market down the road for an evening meal.

3. Re: thai itinerary - help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:45