We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi,

Travelling to Thailand as part of my upcoming honeymoon in July 2012. We are planning on spending 3 days in Krabi on our return from 5 days in Phi-Phi.

I am looking for a 5* hotel within walking distance of some shops, restaurants, nightlife etc. From my research, it seems like most of the nicer hotels are located away from Ao Nang?

Ps no warnings needed about the bad weather, we have been to Thailand a few times at this time of year and are prepared to take our chances. No offense intended.

Thanks!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Anyone?

Can a DE move to Krabi provence forum, rather than Krabi town please?

Krabi
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

July is monsoon season. However, the weather is unpredicable, sometimes you have rain, sometime not. If you are looking for 5* in Aonang, Honestly, i don't think it has. Mostly, 5* star in Krabi locates at Klong Muang beach where locates 25 minutes drive from Aonang. Sheraton, Sofitel, The Ritz Carlton.

Railay: Rayavadee Resort.

If you can stay 4* : Aonang Villa, Aonang Cliff beach are the best option.

Railay: Railay Bay Resort & Spa.

For me, if you tend to spoil and discover the beach destination. I strong recommend to stay at Railay Beach. 10 minutes boat ride from Aonang. Peaceful and white soft sandy beach. Try to research review from TripAdvisor. Find a good deals on AGODA/Expedia.com.

Cheers,

Timmy

ILoveRailayBay

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

We have stayed at Centara Grand Beach Resort a few times. The hotel is rated as a 5 star resort however there have been mixed reviews at times although I do note, at my last reading of the reviews, it seems to have levelled out into more positive rather than negative. It is located adjacent to Ao Nang and is a 10 minute walk into the heart of the town. The hotel is located on its own beach and is accessed only by boat and foot. Food and drink prices are at 5 star prices - that is expected! I do note that we have only ever spent 4 days at the hotel on the tail end of Phuket trips.

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel, both times we were there. Sounds like it could meet your criteria so it is at least worth considering. We have also stayed at the Sheraton on Klong Muang beach - now this is a hotel that we see as beautifiul and relaxing however it located approx. 11km's from Ao Nang so far more secluded.

If you need any further comment feel free to PM me, more than happy to assist. If not, have a terrific time and congratulations on your wedding! Enjoy.

4. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:12