We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muslim Fishing Village - Phang Nga

England
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Muslim Fishing Village - Phang Nga

We are planning to visit Phang Nga Bay. Is it worth staying overnight in the Muslim Fishing Village?

Some tours include this finishing village visit or stay overnight.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,608 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muslim Fishing Village - Phang Nga

I love Phang Nga Bay but unless you specifically want to spend one night in that area I wouldn't stay on Koh Panyi. The restaurants are generally overpriced in comparison with others of a similar standard and I'm not sure what "added value" could be obtained there. I'd be interested to hear views of those who have stayed there though. It may be completely different after all the day trip boats and visitors continuously arriving and leaving have gone.

Mentioned in this post
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,608 Reviews
England
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Muslim Fishing Village - Phang Nga

The reason we want to stay in Phang Nga town is convenient for us to get to Phuket airport at night after visiting Phang Nga Bay.

It is not easy to find or book any guesthouse or accommodation in Phang Nga town on the internet.

Mentioned in this post
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
522 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,608 Reviews
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muslim Fishing Village - Phang Nga

There are hotels at or near Phuket Airport which is only an our from Phang Nga Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
522 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,608 Reviews
Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muslim Fishing Village - Phang Nga

CLW have a look at Phangna Guest House, it's in the middle of Phangna Town. Couple of restaurants across the road & markets down the road.

There are a couple of reviews if you google it's name.

Agree with Arandora, maybe easier to stay near the Phuket airport, plus you have many restaurants to choose along the main road if you are after a feed. CJ

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
522 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
krabi
Level Contributor
170 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Muslim Fishing Village - Phang Nga

Definitely might be handier to stay in one of the hotels on Nai Harn beach which is right next to the airport, but staying at the muslim fishing village would be a slightly less comfortable, once in a lifetime experience that you're not likely to have a chance to do again. So it's a choice between culture and convenience. Personally I'd go for the culture.

Mentioned in this post
Nai Harn Beach
Nai Harn Beach
3,668 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
6. Re: Muslim Fishing Village - Phang Nga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 10:51