We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi to Chumphon....Please help!!!

London, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Krabi to Chumphon....Please help!!!

Hello,

I need to get from Krabi to Chumphon. What is the best way to do this.

Can i take a train or a bus. If so how much will it cost and how long will it take.

IAny advice/tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Racy

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Chumphon
Chumphon
Chumphon Province, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi to Chumphon....Please help!!!

I've reversed the order in this as you also asked about Chumphon to Krabi

Car+driver should take about 5 - 6 hrs max, very wild guessing here but probably about B 4-5,000. From Krabi to join the main highway turn-off near Surat Thani is about 3-4 hrs and then about another 2 to Chumphon depending whether you stop for a meal or just a quick fuel/rest stop

There are buses to Chumphon but note certain express buses that area heading to Bangkok may stop in Chumphon but that would probably be nearby on the highway , bus would take longer and again guessing but probably around the B 400-450 range.

Oriental Escapes charge B 2,500 between krabi and Surat Thani, so probably 5,000 for Chumphon, so based on that a local car+driver probably about 4,000

There is no rail line to krabi.

Edited: 22 October 2010, 18:04
Mentioned in this post
Chumphon
Chumphon
Chumphon Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
2. Re: Krabi to Chumphon....Please help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 10:46