We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi area-Reputable cookery school

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
141 reviews
Krabi area-Reputable cookery school

I love thai food, in fact i often drive a couple of hundred miles to get ingredients-yeah, i live in a rural backwater!

I know i am an able cook but i would really like to get some first hand tuition and tips, so with that in mind can anyone recommend a decent cookery school in the area, maybe something that offers a full day, or couple of half day courses?

Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Krabi area-Reputable cookery school

We did a cooking class earlier this year with Mrs Ya and really enjoyed it. Keen cooks, we enjoyed the discussion of how the pastes blend and mix to create the various curries and dishes. Our teenagers just enjoyed the cooking and eating. Mrs Ya managed to make it enjoyable for our whole group - cooks and non-cooks.

The classes were easily booked by any of the agents and tour desks within the Krabi area. We just called directly.

http://www.krabithaicookery.com/

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
141 reviews
2. Re: Krabi area-Reputable cookery school

Thanks jess

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
221 reviews
3. Re: Krabi area-Reputable cookery school

Just to add that Mrs Ya is by far the best at this in the area. She's a local lady, speaks good English and is a good, patient teacher too.

4. Re: Krabi area-Reputable cookery school

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 09:47