We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

i'm going to Krabi with my husband for our 1 year anniversary. We want to stay somewhere very beautiful and just want to relax in private. Can anyone recommend anywhere? We've looked into Amari Vogue Resort, going on the reviews this looks amazing. If anyone has stayed here, i would love to hear what you think?

Really appreciate any help!

Thanks,

R&P

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
7,195 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang
Vogue Resort & Spa Ao...
1,310 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
New York City
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

If you are looking for relaxation, privacy and beauty then I think the Amari is an excellent choice. Here is my review of my stay there.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297927-d802…

Mentioned in this post
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
7,195 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

Have you looked at the Tubkaak Hotel next door, it is a bit more rustic and more traditionally Thai, have stayed there many times and can recommend it, depending on what time of year you are going they do offer discounts etc, the standard room is absolutely adequate and the food in the restaurant top class and very reasonably priced, both hotels share the same stretch of beach so just a matter of choice really.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

Thanks, we will be going end of November. Is that a good time to go?

R&P

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
79 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

Does anyone know the name of the hotel directly next door to the Amari Vogue? They looked like they would be complete by now.

Mentioned in this post
Amari Vogue Krabi
Amari Vogue Krabi
2,685 Reviews
Nong Thale, Thailand
krabi
Level Contributor
170 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

It is the Anyavee Tubkaek Resort, I stayed there a couple of days ago and it is top notch! Very nice new wing with pool access rooms so you walk right out of your room into the pool.

Mentioned in this post
Anyavee Tubkaek Beach Resort
Anyavee Tubkaek Beach...
629 Reviews
Nong Thale, Thailand
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

The 3 hotels, as mentioned, are on the same stretch of beach and therefore provide similar views.

The various pros and cons of the properties you can of course read about at great length on tripadvisor from various people's differing viewpoints and the reviews do indeed paint a flattering picture (well, mostly).

For any specialized questions on how to best enjoy your first anniversary, feel free to ask away and I shall do my best to answer. And congrats!

Simon

GM at Amari Vogue.

Mentioned in this post
Amari Vogue Krabi
Amari Vogue Krabi
2,685 Reviews
Nong Thale, Thailand
London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

Hi,

I just came back from Krabi and we stayed a week at the Sheraton then a week at Amari. The Sheraton is a better hotel by far.

Sheraton is a large hotel so tons of privacy. They have 2 large pools with plenty of sunbeds. The Amari vogue pool is so small and not enough sunbeds. The quality of food, service is far more superior than the Amari. There are more food choices at the Sheraton plus outside the Sheraton gates there a good few restaurants whereas the Amari Vogue there is nothing.., and no where to go. Not much choice in the hotel either but 2 dinning places.... and the service at Amari is not as professional as The Sheraton.

There seemed to be much more to do at The Sheraton than the Amari vogue.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
7,195 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Amari Vogue Krabi
Amari Vogue Krabi
2,685 Reviews
Nong Thale, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

I think it is always difficult to comment on whether one hotel is better than another because it is down to individual taste, if I had the choice of the Sheraton or the Amari I would definitely chose the Amari, we stayed at the Sheraton and moved out after one night as it was far too big the service was bad the room was layed out in blocks and reminded my husband of the barracks he stayed in during his time in the Navy. It depends what you want from a hotel, I would agree there is more restaurants etc closer to the Sheraton and there isnt anything out side of the Amari but then I think the beach at the Amari is far better and when we stayed next door at the Tubkaak the beach was spotless and there were lots of sunbeds with umbrellas on the beach outside of the Amari with very few being used maybe it depends on the time of year you are there. I cannot comment on the food at either hotel because we didnt stay long enough to eat at the Sheraton only breakfast which was OK. If you want a big hotel with more to occupy you then maybe the Sheraton would be a better choice but if you want a smaller more traditional and quiet hotel with a bit of character go for the Amari or of course the Tubkaak Resort next door which is absolutely fantastic just my opinion but I don't think you can compare some hotels because they are so different. The hotels are around 5 minutes by taxi from each other so not much in it if you want to travel to Ao Nang for more night life and entertainment.

Mentioned in this post
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
7,195 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

For what it's worth, I think the Sheraton is a lovely hotel but my problem with it is that you could go to sleep there, wake up and you know you're in a Sheraton but nothing screams out to tell you you're in Thailand! The Tubkaak, on the other hand, let you know you're on holiday in Thailand (and that means a lot to me!).

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Deciding where to stay?? Amari Vogue Resort??

Eggchaser, well said, haven't seen you on this forum for a while but that is so true, I suppose you summed up what I was trying to say.